Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Larry4020 Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:30 am
Hello, I have a MPC whose fader is broken or at least seems so (check photo below). I would think that the whole piece need to be changed and I would need some advice to know whom to buy it from and how to change it, if it needs to be soldered or not, basically the whole procedure :D

Would be cool to get some info thanks !

By mr_debauch Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:04 pm
yes that part needs to be replaced. Dope Shht only on ebay has them if he is still in business. It requires soldering i believe.. I did it on my remix 16 and got the part from him a long time ago.
By JUKE 179r Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:31 pm
You can get the ALPS RS45112A6A05 slide potentiometer from Mouser for $3.50 and solder it in.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ALPS/RS45112A6A05?qs=%2Fha2pyFadui5VZFM6dBJq7xTAmSCsOhE5ObjBXOrsNZZZm%2FkgE6gLA%3D%3D
By JUKE 179r Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:17 pm
Sure you can get that one and pay almost double depending on where you live.
I'm guessing you are in the UK?
By dunkeyman Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:52 pm
I just replaced mine. You will need a desoldering iron, and a soldering iron, and of course some solder. If you don't own any of those things it's unfortunately not possible to fix. You don't need to be too fancy with them, as the soldering points are very large. I found it to be a very easy soldering job but I'm used to soldering the tiny chips inside a Super Nintendo so take that with a grain of salt.

If you are even moderately decent at soldering it's a breeze.
By tapedeck Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:39 pm
dunkeyman wrote:I just replaced mine. You will need a desoldering iron, and a soldering iron, and of course some solder. If you don't own any of those things it's unfortunately not possible to fix.

just want to correct this, you can do this job fine without a DEsoldering iron. i just use a regular soldering iron and a solder sucker. solder wick helps too, but suffice to say DEsoldering is the biggest part about this job.