Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Top City Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:44 pm
I dont have the 8 0uts. It does in my case make recording time consuming and at times a pain. I have to cut and paste and make all my breaks and switchs match and line up with each other, you should be able to survive for awhile as you are just learning the MPC but as you reach the next level youll start to want to record.
By Maxillaa Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:11 pm
...the possibility to use a mixer with eq and faders on your sounds is a damn fresh option.mixing in the machine is hard and don`t fit my vision on working,even the loss of a 3 band eq sucks.....
if you have outboard effects the board is a must....
By Bolo Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:39 am
Lampdog wrote:
matti-san wrote:the only reason i can think someone would prefer the main outs over the 8 individual outputs is that if they have the eb16 effects board and want to track with the internal effects applied... the 8 individual outs are dry signal only.

Page 139 2kxl manual says different, I've also done it so I know it works 8)

Chapter 9: Effects, Page 139, Multi-effects

The MPC2000XL has two multi-effects and each has five effect modules. You can execute various
routings by rearranging the modules. Select MULTI FX1 or FX2 in the Edit: field of
the FXedit screen and then select MIX with the CURSOR keys.

Press OPEN WINDOW to open the Effect Mixer window.

Direct sig: This turns the direct sound of the signal input to an effect on or off. When it is
ON, the level or pan of the direct sound is adjusted by the stereo mixer.

Patch: To set the effect routing.

Output: To select the output of the effect (left and right or individual outputs 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8).

Dist/EQ: This sets the output level and pan of the distortion and filter modules.

Mod/Echo: This sets the output level and pan of the modulation and delay/echo modules.
Wid adjusts the stereo range of the effect. When Wid is set to 0, the output effect sound
becomes monaural.

Reverb: This sets the output level and pan of the reverb module.

Do you know how to send individual sounds including internal effects to a single output?
With your instructions from the user manual on page 139, the individual output receives the signal of the entire song and not of the individual sound?
Even though I assigned the sound to the individual output in the individual out screen of the mixer?
By Lampdog Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:11 pm
So what do you want me to say?

I can send a single sound to an single output, I can place an effect on this same output.

Keep trying. Also "open window" on everything you highlight.
By Lampdog Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:42 am
8outs sound slightly better imo than stereo out.