MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:13 pm
You should know Reason.

EnochLight wrote:
Danoc wrote:Then you should know then!

Know what?

Danoc wrote: I already let CharlesRandolph know he can use many instances his computer could take. :smoker:

I can't be arsed to read through the unending stream of consciousness that are your posts in this thread. I'm sure CharlesRandolph is happy to have gotten the answer, though. :wink:
By Danoc Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:15 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:How does Reason 11 handle surround sound mixing and encoding?

Being that R11 and prior has that SSL mixer it can handle surround sound mixing well. Encoding? What do you mean?
By Danoc Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:15 pm
:shock: :WTF: THIS IS A BEAST. Dammmmmmmmmn! What yall think? For me I wouldn't buy another MPC, I would buy that joint and say LETS GO! Daaaaaam
It has my horizontal pitch wheel and the vertical pitch wheel and the mod wheel, OMG :shock: This would be my favorite Keyboard to attach to Reason 11! It has 16 pads on it also. Someone said Roland was coming with some new joint and I been keeping my ear to the floor and look what pops up! dammmmmm! It even has the Orb from Spectrasonics in it, but I see you move it with your finger but it stops, in Omnisphere it keeps going. This is freakin amazing!
Touch screen scrolling? :shock: :shock: :shock:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

By EnochLight Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:22 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:How does Reason 11 handle surround sound mixing and encoding?

It doesn't (don't listen to Danoc). :WTF: :roll:

Reason is specifically a music-based production app that excels at 2-channel stereo audio. Yes, its main mixer is modeled after the renowned SSL 9000K, but it doesn't do any DTS/DD encoding, or any video format encoding to speak of.

That said, with the right audio interface, sure - you can make things "work", but surround sound mixing is not its strong point.
By Eyalc Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 am
Re: the reason rack in a DAW, is there one instrument per reason rack? Or can I load up to 8 reason instruments per reason rack and route each output to a multi-out channel? Or can I add any number of instruments in rack? And if so, how does it handle routing back to the DAW channel? Do I need an instance of the reason mixer to sum everything to a stereo out of the rack into the channel? I have so many questions about this. Lol
By Danoc Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:09 am
I agree Reason strong point is the stereo field that's why mixing in it is a dream. You're right about no encoding.

The official question was can Reason handle surround sound. I said yes, when dealing with left to right and front to back perception. Encoding no. Reason also can do video :-) but you need a program which is cheap. Encoding to DTS/DD no!

You have to set up a template is all you have to do.

One basic track is comprised of one 14:2 Mixer, and four 6:2 Mixers. They are tied to the Combinator's Programmer in such a way that the mixers' Pan determines Left/Right, while Volume determines Front/Back placement. There are independent controls for Center and LFE Channel level. The buttons on the Programmer can reset the positioning to center (either L/R or F/B), and solo the center and LFE channels. Overall track volume can be scaled with the first and only fader used in each track's 14:2 Mixer. Or, if you route the Direct Out from each track to the input of its own 14:2 Mixer, you can use the Master Mixer's faders instead.

For the template set up four Mix Channels and four audio tracks.

All the individual tracks are summed through four more tracks containing 14:2 Mixers to form each discrete channel.

James Benard who l met in person showrled us this years ago. He's with Spectrasonics now. When l said Reason runs deep l meant that and some of you don't know what you're talking about.

Now CharlesRandolph might not like it cause it can't encode but there probably are convertors out there. Or he might not wanna take this route. Understandable.

EnochLight wrote:

It doesn't (don't listen to Danoc). :WTF: :roll:

Reason is specifically a music-based production app that excels at 2-channel stereo audio. Yes, its main mixer is modeled after the renowned SSL 9000K, but it doesn't do any DTS/DD encoding, or any video format encoding to speak of.

That said, with the right audio interface, sure - you can make things "work", but surround sound mixing is not its strong point.
By Danoc Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:15 am
Ima wait to see who answers this being they have the beta.

Eyalc wrote:Re: the reason rack in a DAW, is there one instrument per reason rack? Or can I load up to 8 reason instruments per reason rack and route each output to a multi-out channel? Or can I add any number of instruments in rack? And if so, how does it handle routing back to the DAW channel? Do I need an instance of the reason mixer to sum everything to a stereo out of the rack into the channel? I have so many questions about this. Lol
By CharlesRandolph Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 am
Can you run VST plugins in Reason Rack Plugin?
No, Reason Rack Plugin is a plugin and not a VST host, but it does run Rack Extensions

We'll it's a NO for me. Unless they release a stand alone Reason's RACK that can host VST effects or VSTi instruments. There's always a catch, and it's name is Rack Extensions. :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:17 am
Eyalc wrote:Re: the reason rack in a DAW, is there one instrument per reason rack? Or can I load up to 8 reason instruments per reason rack and route each output to a multi-out channel? Or can I add any number of instruments in rack? And if so, how does it handle routing back to the DAW channel? Do I need an instance of the reason mixer to sum everything to a stereo out of the rack into the channel? I have so many questions about this. Lol

This: https://www.magix.com/us/free-download/ ... -software/
By EnochLight Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:35 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Can you run VST plugins in Reason Rack Plugin?
No, Reason Rack Plugin is a plugin and not a VST host, but it does run Rack Extensions

We'll it's a NO for me. Unless they release a stand alone Reason's RACK that can host VST effects or VSTi instruments. There's always a catch, and it's name is Rack Extensions. :lol:

They already have a standalone Reason that can host VST effects and VSTi (it's Reason proper). That said, I suspect the ability to load VST/VSTi into Reason Plugin while being ran in another DAW is going to be a big feature request once it launches.
By Danoc Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:50 pm
Im trying to figure out if this is called "REASON RACK PLUGIN " and its a plugin how Reason studios going to make it able to accept say Omnisphere in the plugin.
By Danoc Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:21 pm
Those that love spaghetti is going to love this and it comes with Reason 11 Suite

And we get Parsac Also in the suite as a Rack Extension, Dammmm :worthy:

AND WE GET THIS COOL JOINT. NICE

Last edited by Danoc on Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bezo Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:44 pm
Dmcghee wrote:...Have not seen any DAW with a sound library as large as Reason and soon I’ll get to use them in the MPC X my all time favorite sequencer.
It works in reverse? Reason puts libraries in MPC format? Or are you talking about using a plugin in the MPC software?
By CharlesRandolph Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:49 pm
EnochLight wrote:They already have a standalone Reason that can host VST effects and VSTi (it's Reason proper).
Do you have a link to Reason Proper?

EnochLight wrote:That said, I suspect the ability to load VST/VSTi into Reason Plugin while being ran in another DAW is going to be a big feature request once it launches.

No need Yellow tools does already, I never buy for potential updates.

Danoc wrote:Im trying to figure out if this is called "REASON RACK PLUGIN " and its a plugin how Reason studios going to make it able to accept say Omnisphere in the plugin.

Can you run VST plugins in Reason Rack Plugin?
No, Reason Rack Plugin is a plugin and not a VST host, but it does run Rack Extensions.

Perhaps you have to buy the Omnisphere: Rack Extensions. :hmmm: Did Spectrasonics program one?
By Danoc Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:17 pm
No. Reason doesn't save to MPC format, but you can export drums or any sound in wav format to a usb stick. Install that usb stick and the MPC will take wav file format. I do it all the time.

Bezo wrote:
Dmcghee wrote:...Have not seen any DAW with a sound library as large as Reason and soon I’ll get to use them in the MPC X my all time favorite sequencer.
It works in reverse? Reason puts libraries in MPC format? Or are you talking about using a plugin in the MPC software?