MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:55 pm
Icepulse wrote:I’ll stick to “Mr. Microphone”, Radio Shack cassette decks, and a goddamn Speak-N-Spell. :lol:

The Speak and Spell is the most boring of the three haha. You gotta get the Speak and Read for weird random babbling phrase glitching, and the Speak and Math has a cool loop point in it that makes the most awesome little glitchy drum patterns haha. Just throw a pot in there to slow it down and speed it up and match tempos!!
By EnochLight Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:47 pm
Monotremata wrote:You gotta get the Speak and Read for weird random babbling phrase glitching, and the Speak and Math has a cool loop point in it that makes the most awesome little glitchy drum patterns haha. Just throw a pot in there to slow it down and speed it up and match tempos!!

Don't tell Charles that. He's unable to use anything like that because it doesn't have "Pro" silk screened on the side . :lol:
By Unreallystic Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:29 pm
Usually, I am the "use any tool you want" kind of guy, but I have to admit that tools are somewhat important at the higher end. That doesn't mean things can't be done on more budget friendly gear, but its usually at some expense elsewhere, like more work on the back-end of things to make things sound rich - OR - that becomes the aesthetic of the product, such as the ever popular lofi.

Someone mentioned the FA-06 didn't age well. As someone who bought one a little more than a year ago, I can confirm that the menu system/setup - aged TERRIBLY. It still sounds good (though volume feels real low), it still feels good, but the menu system and layout is so bad by today's standards, that it went from "something I may travel with" to "another sound module". If I put money up and got Keyscape, I'd sell the FA-06 or give it to my pops.

I've been pro-MPC/MPK merge for a while now, especially with some additional horsepower so that the synth can go to 8-note polyphany. It's what I wanted from the Force, but the setup confused me a bit and reduced my interest in using the Force as a production tool. Less "live performance oriented" and more "production focused" (DONT junk performance stuff, just adjust the OS layout).

As for the price reduction, I'd wager its a glut of things that have all been mentioned. Christmas holiday. Competition (Blackbox, MC-707,etc). Clearing inventory. Lack of sales for new units due to used market. New stuff on the way.
- Unreall
By Icepulse Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:42 pm
Unreallystic wrote:Usually, I am the "use any tool you want" kind of guy, but I have to admit that tools are somewhat important at the higher end. That doesn't mean things can't be done on more budget friendly gear, but its usually at some expense elsewhere, like more work on the back-end of things to make things sound rich - OR - that becomes the aesthetic of the product, such as the ever popular lofi.

Someone mentioned the FA-06 didn't age well. As someone who bought one a little more than a year ago, I can confirm that the menu system/setup - aged TERRIBLY. It still sounds good (though volume feels real low), it still feels good, but the menu system and layout is so bad by today's standards, that it went from "something I may travel with" to "another sound module". If I put money up and got Keyscape, I'd sell the FA-06 or give it to my pops.

I've been pro-MPC/MPK merge for a while now, especially with some additional horsepower so that the synth can go to 8-note polyphany. It's what I wanted from the Force, but the setup confused me a bit and reduced my interest in using the Force as a production tool. Less "live performance oriented" and more "production focused" (DONT junk performance stuff, just adjust the OS layout).

As for the price reduction, I'd wager its a glut of things that have all been mentioned. Christmas holiday. Competition (Blackbox, MC-707,etc). Clearing inventory. Lack of sales for new units due to used market. New stuff on the way.
- Unreall

BlackBox is delicious.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:03 pm
Icepulse wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:Judging by this statment, you've never been in a room full of PRO GEAR. :nod:

Oh, Charles. If your current output is the fruit of a pro-gear studio environment, I’ll stick to “Mr. Microphone”, Radio Shack cassette decks, and a goddamn Speak-N-Spell. :lol:

Do you feel relevant now?

Okay, now go home, pull out your NES and floor model TV, Sit at the table, take your Toy Beat Machine out of your backpack (Corny guys like you still wear backpacks) , Sample some breaks and 4 bar loops, put on your fanny pack, a Bucket Hats (But don't go fishing), close your eyes and pretend you're in 1985.

After you've agonized over using the The Winstons or Impeach The President Drum Break, take out your camera and film yourself for YouTube. Then talk about how the good old days were (Like you were even there.) Make sure you say, how you're keeping it 100. Sorry, wrong ERA. I meant "Keeping it real" "Keeping it Gutter" "The Purist of Purist Dope.". :lol:
By Icepulse Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:20 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Do you feel relevant now?

Okay, now go home, pull out your NES and floor model TV, Sit at the table, take your Toy Beat Machine out of your backpack (Corny guys like you still wear backpacks) , Sample some breaks and 4 bar loops, put on your fanny pack, a Bucket Hats (But don't go fishing), close your eyes and pretend you're in 1985.

After you've agonized over using the The Winstons or Impeach The President Drum Break, take out your camera and film yourself for YouTube. Then talk about how the good old days were (Like you were even there.) Make sure you say, how you're keeping it 100. Sorry, wrong ERA. I meant "Keeping it real" "Keeping it Gutter" "The Purist of Purist Dope.". :lol:

Aww. Did Chaws get his widdle fee fees hurted?

Bro... nothing you can say can upset me. Now that I’ve heard your half-baked crap, I only feel pity. It explains the ad hominem, though. No amount of big-ticket studio wizardry could turn your ideas into anything but what they already were; straight up FECES, my guy. I could’ve guessed it by the way you constantly malign anyone that disagrees with you, no matter how civilly they do it. I could cut that insecurity with a spatula. Then you try to drop U-Roy as a way of expressing that you’re hip (I don’t have to look him up, by the way), then you express total ignorance about hip hop culture. It’s laughable. You’re so bland, if you were a popsicle, your flavor would be “plain”. You have a big mouth, but nothing to back it up. I’ll never go away, either. So keep digging, toy.
By Cockdiesel Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:39 pm
Take it back Charles, no one talks shot about fanny backs on my watch. I got a neon yellow one with the matching “white Boys can’t jump” woody Harrelson hat.

Y’all can go to the bickering thread anytime. It’s always open and setup for situations like this.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:46 pm
Icepulse wrote:
Bro... nothing you can say can upset me. Now that I’ve heard your half-baked ****, I only feel pity. It explains the ad hominem, though. No amount of big-ticket studio wizardry could turn your ideas into anything but what they already were; straight up FECES, my guy. I could’ve guessed it by the way you constantly malign anyone that disagrees with you, no matter how civilly they do it. I could cut that insecurity with a spatula. Then you try to drop U-Roy as a way of expressing that you’re hip (I don’t have to look him up, by the way), then you express total ignorance about hip hop culture. It’s laughable. You’re so bland, if you were a popsicle, your flavor would be “plain”. You have a big mouth, but nothing to back it up. I’ll never go away, either. So keep digging, toy.

Someone's upset! Typing a wall of words with no formatting. (Clue One) :lol: Only the weak minded take offense to facts. How do you ever improve, if you don't listen to sound advice? Example, I only know the basics of about REASONS. So I ask as many questions from people who actually use it.

Educate me. School me. Tell me what you know. I don't take offense to it. I learn from it and enjoy it. I'm 100% about continued education. Chances are this is what holds back your music. When your unwilling to unlearn, what you've learned in order to improve. Empty glasses are filled.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:57 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Take it back Charles, no one talks shot about fanny backs on my watch. I got a neon yellow one with the matching “white Boys can’t jump” woody Harrelson hat.

Y’all can go to the bickering thread anytime. It’s always open and setup for situations like this.

I'm sorry if I offended the fanny pack connoisseur. I retract my statement and truncate all audio. Do you think Akai Pro lowered the price, due to the SP2400 coming out? :-D
By Cockdiesel Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:03 pm
Lol.
Interesting thought. Maybe but it’s also going on 2.5 years of being out so I’d expect a price drop at some point.
Two very different boxes but both marketed at the same demographics and price point. Either that or other stuff coming down the pike.
By Danoc Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:08 am
Unrealistic you can get Keyscape for 4 or 5 easy payments from Sweet water or Musicians Friends. You won't have to spemd $379 all at one time.

Some where down the line lm going to get that new Fantom. It has the pitch bends l want and mod wheel present. Ive always wanted a keyboard like that. Its sick! Ima see if its really built good