Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By kbbeats718 Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:38 pm
Not looking for answers. Or any free handouts. Just curious. How many of you actually use your 8 outs on the MPC ? I installed it a month back and I don't know why I didn't install it sooner. Personally. I like the control I have in real time. Most of my beats are boom-bap, so I don't really need more than 8 tracks anyway. But it's pretty dope to have an analog mixer and mess with the eq and levels on the fly. Is there people that still do this ? Not trying to say I'm unique for doing this, but with the advancements in technology have any of you given up on the 8 outs and just track everything into your DAW and mix there ? Or do you do most of your work on the MPC & Mixer and track out to a Daw with little adjustments after ? Regardless. Cheers to the MPC community.
By tapedeck Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:05 pm
yea i had the same thought when i got the 8-outs, totally changed the game.

i find i usually stick to like 4 tho on average. so nice to have audio and track mutes available + realtime fx.
By Lampdog Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:45 pm
I use my 8 outs and 2 main outs (10) going into my audio interface, yes.
By kbbeats718 Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:21 am
tapedeck wrote:yea i had the same thought when i got the 8-outs, totally changed the game.

i find i usually stick to like 4 tho on average. so nice to have audio and track mutes available + realtime fx.

Yeah. I’m usually in the 4-6 track range. Not that I prefer it that way, but I usually find myself using 4-6. My buddy gave me a mixer, but it doesn’t have internal FX. I plan on upgrading real soon. For your mixer, are you able to add individual FX to each track ? Or is it one FX for ALL tracks ? I hope that made sense. And which mixer do you use if you don’t mind me asking
By kbbeats718 Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:25 am
Lampdog wrote:I use my 8 outs and 2 main outs (10) going into my audio interface, yes.

Nice. Which interface do you have ? I’m trying to invest in one. I know everything is about budget, but if you have any recommendations I’d appreciate it. I have a 2012 MacBook Pro that I maxed out running Mojave. And I have Ableton as my Daw. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I’ve done some research, but I rather take advice from an experienced MPC user with a similar setup.
By Lampdog Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:10 pm
kbbeats718 wrote:
Lampdog wrote:I use my 8 outs and 2 main outs (10) going into my audio interface, yes.

Nice. Which interface do you have ?

By kbbeats718 Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:28 pm
tapedeck wrote:yea i had the same thought when i got the 8-outs, totally changed the game.

Hey man. I’m hoping you could shed some light on something. I’m in the market for new mixer & Interface. I completely understand how to use the 8 outs with a mixer. My question is, if I want to track my beats out to a Daw & keep the fx I used, Would I keep the mixer & MPC as is, and track them out one track at a time via midi ? Or do I need an 8 input Interface that would have to connect to my Mixer as well ? I’ve done a ton of research & I read that midi is the way to go for tracking out beats by soloing each individual track. But I haven’t come across any answers that involve a mixer with FX.