MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Mista 808 Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:54 am
Whenever I try to use FL Studio VSTs with my MPC X I get issues with the MPC and/or the MPC software.
I get white dots across the screen of my MPC as if it's buffering/trying to load and then it freezes.
Because of this I've been avoiding using any plugins with my MPC aside from the default ones it comes with. My only work around for this is to bounce out my projects from the MPC into FL Studio to then finish the project. That however is stressful considering that inspiration is lost in the process..

When it does freeze, it's never immediately after opening an FL plugin such as Nexus for example. Sometimes it'll work for a good 5-10 minutes if I'm lucky but it always ends up freezing with the white dots.
The only thing I can do at that point is force close the MPC daw/software and then put the MPC back into
standalone mode. If you listen ever so slightly it's almost as if my MPC lets out a small little sigh everytime this happens because it knows my tolerance for bugs/glitches/issues is very low. :lol: :x

I have Kontakt Komplete 12 Ultimate but haven't really tried using it's plugins yet with my MPC X.
I also noticed that if my Samsung T5 external SSD is connected to the MPC when the MPC is in controller mode using the software, the projects will lag and have issues when I'm playing a song or any audio.
This doesn't happen when I connect the Samsung T5 to my PC instead. I'm thinking this is normal if the MPC is in controller mode because it doesn't lag or have issues with my T5 SSD attached to the MPC in standalone, only in controller mode.

PC Details
I-9 Windows 10 w 64 gigs ram
RTX 2080 Ti graphics
2Tb SSD (also using Samsung T5 SSD external drive w/MPC X

#MISTA808
By Mista 808 Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:24 pm
70 views and no response eh? Rough. :Sigh:

Mista 808 wrote:Whenever I try to use FL Studio VSTs with my MPC X I get issues with the MPC and/or the MPC software.
I get white dots across the screen of my MPC as if it's buffering/trying to load and then it freezes.
Because of this I've been avoiding using any plugins with my MPC aside from the default ones it comes with. My only work around for this is to bounce out my projects from the MPC into FL Studio to then finish the project. That however is stressful considering that inspiration is lost in the process..

When it does freeze, it's never immediately after opening an FL plugin such as Nexus for example. Sometimes it'll work for a good 5-10 minutes if I'm lucky but it always ends up freezing with the white dots.
The only thing I can do at that point is force close the MPC daw/software and then put the MPC back into
standalone mode. If you listen ever so slightly it's almost as if my MPC lets out a small little sigh everytime this happens because it knows my tolerance for bugs/glitches/issues is very low. :lol: :x

I have Kontakt Komplete 12 Ultimate but haven't really tried using it's plugins yet with my MPC X.
I also noticed that if my Samsung T5 external SSD is connected to the MPC when the MPC is in controller mode using the software, the projects will lag and have issues when I'm playing a song or any audio.
This doesn't happen when I connect the Samsung T5 to my PC instead. I'm thinking this is normal if the MPC is in controller mode because it doesn't lag or have issues with my T5 SSD attached to the MPC in standalone, only in controller mode.

PC Details
I-9 Windows 10 w 64 gigs ram
RTX 2080 Ti graphics
2Tb SSD (also using Samsung T5 SSD external drive w/MPC X

#MISTA808