MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Crumb$ Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:26 am
Yes, I'm asking this.... If someone answered it before then I can't find it and can't be arsed wasting more time looking for it.

I've got a sequence with about 7 tracks on it. It's all good, finished basically... ... I just want it to fade out at the end. The easiest way I can think of to do this is to export it as a wav, then bring it back in on the audio tab, and fade that out before exporting it again.

I only use the Live, and only in stand alone. Is this a sensible technique? I would be interested to hear anyones other ideas...thank you please :popcorn:
By Manglepup Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:03 am
Automation could work, I'd do a rough go at it and then edit in the list edit.

If it's one sound playing, you could just set the envelope to decay out, or record in the note event with the 16 levels decay on.
By sloan11- Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:50 am
I am actually trying to do a fade out too... I have several sequences each with a number of different tracks , lots of moving pieces... and I want the last sequences to fade out but I cant get it to work with automation or XY.... does anyone have any tips?
By mr_debauch Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:44 am
i never tried... but is there a way to create an automation lane for this? copy the sequence with an extra track that does it?
By wavejockey Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:34 pm
it would be cool if we had (automation) 'templates' for these rather basic tasks like fade in/out
so hitting one knob et voila : sequence fade to black
-a song automation track with global tempo/fade(s) etc would be nice added bonus
By sloan11- Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:36 pm
Hmm... not sure exactly what you mean with automation 'lane' .. nevertheless, no luck so far...
By Ill-Green Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:29 pm
Only way I know, is to turn the song of multiple sequences, into one giant sequence, then flatten the tracks, then lace with Decay.

Kinda raw and crude way, but like I said, the only way I figured.
By Bezo Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:36 pm
Automate master fader not an option?
By sloan11- Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:25 pm
Bezo wrote:Automate master fader not an option?

That was first thing I tried. Either I'm doing it wrong, or its not an option. Knowing myself, it could be either lol
By sloan11- Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:03 pm
Actually I dont think it's just me- I notice now that the automation button disappears from the channel strip when you are on master output . Implies to me that the automation button in top right of screen wont apply to master.
By jackmate Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:09 pm
make a long sequnece out of all sequences, automate the program level of any program and do it manually , recording it in the automation...
or
choose a end-sequence, record it ito an audiotrack, fade the audiotrack in sample edit, use the faded sample in a new ending sequence, playing only this faded sample only, so you can trigger the ending sequence, wherever you like, working with the decay/release time f.e...
or
you use the said export->fade-out in sample edit method
By Crumb$ Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:31 pm
...in the end I just exported my sequence as a wav, then brought it back in as an audio file on the audio tab, and just used the proper fade out tool in there before exporting it again. It worked but it's not ideal for a lot of situations. It is a little weird how something as basic as a fade isn't an option, but maybe it's more complicated than it seems to implement it.
By mr_debauch Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:54 pm
well it is because that is not a thing you do generally when you are just making a beat.... that happens when you are putting the album together or you are mastering. You don't want to run a track with a fade through a bunch of compressors.
By Monotremata Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:58 pm
Traditionally, fades were usually done when you were doing the mastering and whatnot.. Just bounce it and fade it in an audio editor. Ive seen automation screw up in Logic plenty so I usually do it with another tool anyways heh.
By Calcaire Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:54 am
you could :
go to the end of the last sequence of your song
go to channel mixers
go to "master" section,
choose the 1/2 output

put "Write" on the master automation selector (upper right corner of the main screen)
read your final sequence
automate your fade out

select all of the alternate outputs you use for this track
do the same
VoilĂ  :)