MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:19 am
So are you saying the Rack is not working in the MPC software because of the lack of VST3 ?
Certified Beatz wrote:The video shows reason rack 11 as a vst in mpc software using patchwork software. Then in the video when he launched each vst blank screen.. so akai we need vst3 aupport
By EnochLight Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:47 am
Danoc wrote:So are you saying the Rack is not working in the MPC software because of the lack of VST3 ?
Certified Beatz wrote:The video shows reason rack 11 as a vst in mpc software using patchwork software. Then in the video when he launched each vst blank screen.. so akai we need vst3 aupport

It's public knowledge that Reason Plugin requires the DAW to support VST3 in order to work properly. As of Akai MPC Software 2.6, it does NOT support VST3, so you'll have to do a workaround (such as the PatchWork approach) if you want to run Reason Plugin in the MPC Software. Whether it works or not - YMMV...
Last edited by EnochLight on Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Eyalc Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:50 am
This is where the Akai team is always going to struggle, and their identity crisis is going to be on full display - is MPC an instrument, or is it a DAW? Can it be a plugin? Or does it just host plugins?

The answer to those questions determine the expectations for how the software should handle new products like this reason rack. Personally I don't use the MPC software - but I hope things like this work in their favor, and they don't have any issues with it.
By Danoc Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:36 pm
I see the MPC as a DAW , sequencer, drum machine, mini computer, etc. Each individual will see it and use it differently and see it as such.
I hope it will prosper also but those guys gotta stop settling for less.
By Dmcghee Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:47 pm
I’m looking forward to using the Reason Rack in the MPC X and cloning some of Reason Instruments and Rack Extensions to use in Stand Alone. I already have a nice collections of VST plugins cloned that I used in the MPC X As Stand Alone instruments. I can only imagine creating combinators in the Reason Rack with a combination of Rack Extensions and Reason Instruments to use in Stand Alone. The possibilities are endless.
By Danoc Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:28 am
:lol: you sound like a Reason commercial "THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS" lol

So you must have cloning software huh? That's dope what you're doing. Yeah the combinator is the bizznas!

Dmcghee wrote:I’m looking forward to using the Reason Rack in the MPC X and cloning some of Reason Instruments and Rack Extensions to use in Stand Alone. I already have a nice collections of VST plugins cloned that I used in the MPC X As Stand Alone instruments. I can only imagine creating combinators in the Reason Rack with a combination of Rack Extensions and Reason Instruments to use in Stand Alone. The possibilities are endless.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:47 am
Eyalc wrote:This is where the Akai team is always going to struggle, and their identity crisis is going to be on full display - is MPC an instrument, or is it a DAW? Can it be a plugin? Or does it just host plugins?

The answer to those questions determine the expectations for how the software should handle new products like this reason rack. Personally I don't use the MPC software - but I hope things like this work in their favor, and they don't have any issues with it.

(+100)

It's everything and nothing at the same time. Lack of directions = Lack of adoptions. The MPC Software should just mirror what is on the MPC. Basically, the software should only work with the MPC. Just like Ak-Sys was for the MPC 4000, s5000/S6000. Z4 and Z8.

The Software DAW, VST, and VSTi market is saturated. That's why all these sound and effects services are popping up. I stick to Cubase/Nuendo or Samplitude/Sequoia. On MAC it's PT/Logic. There's Reaper, Reason, FL Studios, MPC Software, Studio One 4, SONAR, Ableton Live, MOTU Digital Performer, Cakewalk, Stagelight, Garageband, Mixcraft Pro Studio, Bitwig. My goodness the market is flooded and learning all them is a no go.

This makes collaborations projects a pain in the @$$. Everyone has different VST, VSTi, interfaces, Software DAW (Different Versions) :Sigh: It would be nice if Reason releases a standalone plugin for Reason Rack, without having to buy/install the full software.
By Cockdiesel Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:38 am
You’d think they would offer standalone vsts. I imagine that it could be the gateway to more customers. Eventide released 3 of their effects algos from the h9 for standalone on the iPad. I haven’t tested them but from some reviews I read they say they are almost identical. I know if there was a smaller barrier to entry I would give them a try on a iPad. Perhaps even leading me to buy the full package if I thought it would work well for my computer uses. I remember someone mentioning an instrument for iPad but when I looked I couldn’t find it.
By Fre$hBreath Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:23 am
I finally got the beta. But that vertical tutorial is so hard to watch. Who's dumb idea was that to make a vertical video for a tutorial????
By Danoc Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:26 am
Yes there is so much stuff out there and poppin up so fast its bananas.

I really don't have an issue collabin with someone that uses Logic or Cubase and l use Reason. We communicate and write notes and its all good.
But you're right
By Danoc Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:28 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:I finally got the beta. But that vertical tutorial is so hard to watch. Who's dumb idea was that to make a vertical video for a tutorial????

:lol: :lol: Vertial video? Man you got me hollering over here lol that is funny.
Im trying to picture a vertical vid
By EnochLight Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:40 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:I finally got the beta. But that vertical tutorial is so hard to watch. Who's dumb idea was that to make a vertical video for a tutorial????

Jesus f'ing christ - a vertical video?!!!! If there's anything I detest more on the Internet, it's amateur held camera aspect ratios. All vertical video needs to die. :evil: :twisted:

:lol:
By Dmcghee Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:04 am
Danoc wrote::lol: you sound like a Reason commercial "THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS" lol

So you must have cloning software huh? That's dope what you're doing. Yeah the combinator is the bizznas!

Dmcghee wrote:I’m looking forward to using the Reason Rack in the MPC X and cloning some of Reason Instruments and Rack Extensions to use in Stand Alone. I already have a nice collections of VST plugins cloned that I used in the MPC X As Stand Alone instruments. I can only imagine creating combinators in the Reason Rack with a combination of Rack Extensions and Reason Instruments to use in Stand Alone. The possibilities are endless.

This is not a Reason 11 commercial, I visit this forum for the helpful instructions and the collective knowledge members share.
No VST Cloning Software needed, cloning is done in the MPC X/Live and a couple of steps in MPC Software. Just head over to mpc-tutor.com for the tutorial.