MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By TWISTED_INSANE Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:57 am
I just got an MPC X and havent used MPC in years, but want to make the switch , problem I am having is, I want to play my korg kronos into my mpc and use the mpc as my sequencer. I can do that find but in stand alone mode how do I make it to where I can quantize the sounds I play into the mpc , there has got to be a way I can do this. Please someone tell me how. Do I need to use 2 midi chords to achieve this or the software ? Any help would be gold for me. Thanks
By BeatWilson Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:49 pm
Theres a couple ways. On the top right of the Main Screen there are icons. One of them is Quantize Ratios and such. You can also turn off quantize there. Also in grid mode on the top left of the grids there is a Ratio like 1/16 probably already there since you havent done anything with it. Just double click the little box and there ya go.
By TWISTED_INSANE Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:52 pm
No I know how to quantize, but i want to qua time the sounds that i play into the mpc , i can quantize all my drums that I have on the MPC, but when I record sounds from my KRONOS into the MPC X , THOSE are the sounds that I dont know how to quantize, am I supposed to use a "midi track" to be able to do this ? Right now I'm just recording into the MPC X via an AUDIO track
By 40Beatz Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:57 pm
You can Auto Sample the sounds your want from the Keyboard, into a Keygroup. Then you can Quantize them from within the X.
What works for me...is to Midi out from the X to the Computer/Sound module, to either Audio Track or Sample, then Chop it up real quick.
By TWISTED_INSANE Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:12 pm
Also I have no idea how to "auto sample and put onto a key group" I know how to do sooo much on the MPC X but when it comes to quantizing the sounds I play into it I get stumped and dont turn on the machine for like 2 months then when I try to go back I just cant get it, so i go back to logic, but this time I'm really determined.
By Cockdiesel Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:49 pm
Yes use a midi track. Do the midi out to midi on both and turn off the local control on the korg. You can quantize how ever you seem fit just like a drum track.
By Lampdog Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:52 pm
Midi track for external sequencing.
Drum tracks for internal sequencing.
By TWISTED_INSANE Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:05 pm
Ok, but I noticed there is a 2.6 update , how do I update my mpc x to 2.6 while in Stand Alone mode? I'm still on 2.0
By kaydigi Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:20 am
TWISTED_INSANE wrote:Ok, but I noticed there is a 2.6 update , how do I update my mpc x to 2.6 while in Stand Alone mode? I'm still on 2.0

Because you are on a old firmware you have to do the computer method first.

After you do your first update , the rest of them you can do directly from the usb stick without a computer.

And yes you can start with 2.6, you don’t need to install them all.
By Monotremata Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:49 am
Pretty sure quantizing is an option you can turn on or off, by default I think its off (it is over here so maybe I changed it).. Each sequence has a quantization value set right along with the Swing setting, thats also what tells your grid how many notes to show. There should be an option on top of that, to let it quantize stuff as you play it, or afterwards manually whenever you want to. If you have it set so your drums are doing it as you play them, it should be doing it to any MIDI device. If you did the drums by selecting the notes and using the "TC" or quantize feature, you'll have to do your recorded stuff the same way, after you record it.
By A100 Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:37 am
can t assign sound on pad anymore on 2.6 mpxc x
By 40Beatz Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:43 pm
Double Tap