MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By M.s Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:09 pm
Any Ableton users here? Was wondering if anyone else noticed how ALS export doesn’t include the set BPM as done in MPC.. Also the color scheme is off.. perhaps because Ableton and MPC doesn’t share the same color choices? Or is this a bug?
By Monotremata Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:57 am
Yeah but you have to do them one at a time.
By Certified Beatz Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:25 pm
One at a time so if you drums are exploded in each sequence will it import the the same channel for each sequence?
By BeatWilson Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:48 pm
Take a song from song mode. Convert it to Sequence. Usually i leave Sequence 1 clear for this.

Once converted, explode drums from drum track. then save it as a .ALS

Mine has the bpm usually i believe... I dont think i have that issue but thats my order and it works well.
By Monotremata Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:09 pm
Ahh damn I never thought of trying it in Song Mode hahaha. Thats where I go to bounce my mixes so I don't have to bother bouncing it to a new sequence. Makes sense that would work there too. Its too bad my version of Live only lets me do 8 tracks haha. Thats like half my normal track count.
By BeatWilson Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:38 pm
Well now ya know. haha. Works hella good. Your gonna have to upgrade your version of live i guess. Its what i did. Well worth it, but expensive.
By Cockdiesel Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:30 pm
Yea I can’t see this working out well without using song mode and exploding tracks. Haven’t tried the als export yet, still working on these few beats. Really pissed me off the Mpcs got it after I bought the force...

Once I get a more finished I’ll be checking it out a ton. Really a godsend for me. For the longest time I was just tracking out the mains into a 404 and transferring to computer. Was too broke and uninterested in getting a nice sound card, daw, etc needed to track out. Although I wish I was doing that back in the day as I fumble a lot even with trying to mix in ableton.
By Monotremata Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:45 am
What they need to do is write some damn instructions on how to actually use things heh. Its like
'We added ALS Export YAY!'
'Ok how do you do it?'
'Easy! You just go to file->export->ALS!'
'No HOW not where?'

Theres ALOT of stuff they don't clearly explain like that in the manual for the MPC Software and hardware too heh. The updates don't get much more than a little blurb about 'Ohh look new features!' in the end of the manual too. Tons of cool features, but no clue how to use them properly heh.
By DokBrown Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:30 am
I am aware of the new ableton export option with the update but was wondering whether MPC X/live has a timed resample option like the roland MV ?

With the MV, you can sample/resample based on seconds or # beats/quarter notes. ex. 16 beats = 4 bars.

With the MV, I use this to make ableton clips of both internal samples and external audio[volca, bass station] that my MV is MIDI sequencing.

Does the MPC live have a similar option or do you have to manually stop it & then trim the sample ?
By saltmcgault Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:25 pm
Monotremata wrote:What they need to do is write some damn instructions on how to actually use things heh. Its like
'We added ALS Export YAY!'
'Ok how do you do it?'
'Easy! You just go to file->export->ALS!'
'No HOW not where?'

+100

I have been trying to export a song that was converted into a sequence exported into ableton. All of the sounds are samples in drum programs. I save the (song converted to sequence) as export als "auido" file. I load that file into ableton and the named tracks and the correct bpm appear, but there are no wav. files in those tracks. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. I have even tried going into the samples folder with-in this exported project and there are no samples in that folder.