MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By justineastwick Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:41 pm
Just wondering if anybody has heard anything regarding what to expect with the next MPC X/MPC Live update...

Sidebar: I’m definitely considering getting a MPC 4000 now.
By dez perado Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:21 pm
justineastwick wrote:Just wondering if anybody has heard anything regarding what to expect with the next MPC X/MPC Live update...

if they were able to get aksys working the 4000 would be the shit right now.timing on that machine is so dope i miss mines sometimes untill i start dragging and dropping samples to my x.
By justineastwick Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:02 pm
dez perado wrote:
justineastwick wrote:Just wondering if anybody has heard anything regarding what to expect with the next MPC X/MPC Live update...

if they were able to get aksys working the 4000 would be the shit right now.timing on that machine is so dope i miss mines sometimes untill i start dragging and dropping samples to my x.

The more I use my MPC Live, the more I’m looking at all the stuff in it I’m probably not even going to use: Bluetooth, WiFi, and Splice to name a few...

The basics, like a way to access the internal drive and my dreaded user template bug has still not been addressed in any update. I’ve said it before: I don’t feel like this MPC is mine (yet). I feel like I’m borrowing somebody else’s unit when I use it - I’m kind of getting irritated at it now... LOL.
By Dmcghee Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:54 am

I personally haven’t heard anything about new dates I wish I have.

I am curious why you would choose a MPC 4000 over the the MPC X.
As far as features MPC X is lights years ahead of the MPC 4000. I know, I own both plus a MPC 60MKll.
I also had a MPC 2000XL I sold for the MPC 4000 when it was first release and I gave my MPC1000 to my a to good friend to give to his son.
The Aksys software was very limited in features the software did not have the sequencer plus it would crash if you tried to transfer a lot files at one time. I bought the MPC 4000, Z8, Z4 and the DPS24 at the same time which I still owe all. I recommend the MPC X and the MPC X Bible to see how powerful this beast is.

BTW, either MPC is great for stand alone, But if Akai updates the software in stand a lone with 24 tracks of hard disk streaming and the features others have requested on this forum you can record and mix complete songs on the MPC X/Live and call it a day! 8)
By CharlesRandolph Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:09 am
Dmcghee wrote:

As far as features MPC X is lights years ahead of the MPC 4000. I know, I own both plus a MPC 60MKll.
I also had a MPC 2000XL I sold for the MPC 4000 when it was first release and I gave my MPC1000 to my a to good friend to give to his son.
The Aksys software was very limited in features the software did not have the sequencer plus it would crash if you tried to transfer a lot files at one time. I bought the MPC 4000, Z8, Z4 and the DPS24 at the same time which I still owe all. I recommend the MPC X and the MPC X Bible to see how powerful this beast is.

BTW, either MPC is great for stand alone, But if Akai updates the software in stand a lone with 24 tracks of hard disk streaming and the features others have requested on this forum you can record and mix complete songs on the MPC X/Live and call it a day! 8)

What is/was the purpose of buying so many samplers? Were you tracking out 24 tracks at once?
By justineastwick Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:21 pm
Dmcghee wrote:I am curious why you would choose a MPC 4000 over the the MPC X.

I already have the MPC Live. I feel like the MPC X would be more of the same for me. I think the MPC Live is just a smaller MPC X. Could be wrong, however...
Dmcghee wrote:I recommend the MPC X and MPC Live Bible to see how powerful this beast is.

I own it. I’ve read it (twice) and I think the most useful feature thing I’ve taken it from it was to chop my samples at zero points. I never did that until I read that part - can you believe how dumb I looked when I did it and I didn’t hear clicks and pops stuff when I chopped up stuff? LOL, I am going to reread it probably again...
By Monotremata Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:22 pm
Hey Ill take those old useless 4000s off your hands! Ill pretend its 2003 all over again, that thing would be a killer combo with my Emu hah.

The beta test just started last week, and so far all we've heard about from either the Force or MPC is about the Ableton crap. Yay folks that use Live can keep using it. The rest of us that wanna use the MPC on its own have no clue what WE can look forward to yet.

I bet the dude that posted that video isn't beta testing anymore haha. He posted it on Akai's own Facebook page and it got pulled quick.
By justineastwick Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:12 pm
Monotremata wrote:The beta test just started last week, and so far all we've heard about from either the Force or MPC is about the Ableton crap.

See? Now, that’s why I’m kind of over having the MPC Live. At this rate, I’m considering trading it for a fully loaded MPC 4000.
By Dmcghee Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:31 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Dmcghee wrote:

What is/was the purpose of buying so many samplers? Were you tracking out 24 tracks at once?

At that time I was tracking out to an Akai DPS 24 Hard Disk recorder. Now I use a Behringer X32 to track into Reason 10.4
By CharlesRandolph Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:25 pm
Dmcghee wrote:
At that time I was tracking out to an Akai DPS 24 Hard Disk recorder. Now I use a Behringer X32 to track into Reason 10.4

The DPS 24 is a nice front end mixer, its a shame they didn't give it more control surface functions. Did you get the ADAT card for it, which would allow you to track 24 track into your computer via adat.

The MPC LIVE and X is the same machine, minus the knobs, screen, buttons, outputs, and cv. The whole MPC LIVE has a battery and you can make beats anywhere gimmick just wasn't doing it for me.

The best feature these machines have is render audio and track explode.
By Dmcghee Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:27 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Dmcghee wrote:

The DPS 24 is a nice front end mixer, its a shame they didn't give it more control surface functions. Did you get the ADAT card for it, which would allow you to track 24 track into your computer via adat.

The MPC LIVE and X is the same machine, minus the knobs, screen, buttons, outputs, and cv. The whole MPC LIVE has a battery and you can make beats anywhere gimmick just wasn't doing it for me.

The best feature these machines have is render audio and track explode.

Your right the DPS 24 is a great front end mixer with great pre amps. I also have the ADAT Card for 24 tracks.
I haven’t used the DPS 24 in a while maybe at some point I might start tracking and mixing in it again.