MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ciccio89 Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:35 pm
Hi all. I bought an Akai MPC Live just 2 days ago and I have some problem, I hope someone can help me.
This is my first MPC and I never tried any pad controller, so I'm completely noob.

The first problem is that the pads are not really sensitive, maybe is just me but seems like I need a lot of strenght to play it and if I touch them quetly they don't play at all. The corner of the pads are lot more sensitive, maybe that's normal. I have changed some settings in threshold/sensitivity but with no luck.

The second problem is when I play fast rolls some notes are cancelled, I don't know if that's the right word :lol:

I have a third problem about the knobs, if I move 2 of them together slowly they dind't work or work random, when I use one of them alone it work well. For exemple, if I move the cutoff and resonance together, sometimes it stop moving.

I want to learn fingerdruming and want to be sure that my MPC is working right, of course my technique suck, maybe the problem is me, so I want to hear what you guys think about it.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english :lol:
By EnochLight Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:29 pm
Ciccio89 wrote:Hi all. I bought an Akai MPC Live just 2 days ago and I have some problem, I hope someone can help me.
This is my first MPC and I never tried any pad controller, so I'm completely noob.

The first problem is that the pads are not really sensitive, maybe is just me but seems like I need a lot of strenght to play it and if I touch them quetly they don't play at all. The corner of the pads are lot more sensitive, maybe that's normal. I have changed some settings in threshold/sensitivity but with no luck.

The second problem is when I play fast rolls some notes are cancelled, I don't know if that's the right word :lol:

I have a third problem about the knobs, if I move 2 of them together slowly they dind't work or work random, when I use one of them alone it work well. For exemple, if I move the cutoff and resonance together, sometimes it stop moving.

I want to learn fingerdruming and want to be sure that my MPC is working right, of course my technique suck, maybe the problem is me, so I want to hear what you guys think about it.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english :lol:

What firmware version are you on? The latest for the MPC Live is 2.6.0. Be sure you're on the latest firmware. As for the pad sensitivity, what do you have them set at? I've got mine set to "14", and the threshold to "9", with pad curve at "A". That works great for my desired feel. YMMV.

Did you buy this new or second hand?
By Ciccio89 Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:51 pm
I forgot to mention that I bought it new and updated from 2.4 to 2.6 but nothing changed. I set the treshold to 2 and sensitivity to 16, I tried your settings and maybe is a little bit better but still if I play really gently it didn't sound at all. About the second problem it was my bad, cause i recorded some fast rolls and when I hear the gate like effect is just that i hit with really low velocity. The thing that concern me the most are the knobs, if I use 2 of them together the parameters don't change. The big knob is OK. Thank you for your replies
By Bezo Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:09 pm
Reminds me I need to tweak mine. I wish we could adjust per pad as I need more sensitivity on pads 1-4. I just submitted that suggestion.

The lowest threshold and highest sensitivity is as sensitive as it gets, barring defects.

I'd contact support. They'll trouble shoot you through actual problems, user error & intended behavior. You don't want to be in possession of a defective unit longer than necessary.
By Ciccio89 Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:24 pm
Bezo wrote:Reminds me I need to tweak mine. I wish we could adjust per pad as I need more sensitivity on pads 1-4. I just submitted that suggestion.

The lowest threshold and highest sensitivity is as sensitive as it gets, barring defects.

I'd contact support. They'll trouble shoot you through actual problems, user error & intended behavior. You don't want to be in possession of a defective unit longer than necessary.

And what about the q-link? Have you ever heard about that? Is it a common bug?
By Bezo Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:32 pm
Ciccio89 wrote:
Bezo wrote:Reminds me I need to tweak mine. I wish we could adjust per pad as I need more sensitivity on pads 1-4. I just submitted that suggestion.

And what about the q-link? Have you ever heard about that? Is it a common bug?
I'm not familiar but will try to remember to test that.
By Ciccio89 Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:12 pm
AsadShoro2 wrote:Hey do tell me the solution to your problem! I'm facing the same issues regarding the pads

I don't know man, I send it back and I will order another one
By Monotremata Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:51 pm
Youre not the same guy that just posted this same thing on the Facebook MPC X group a few days ago are you???

As I told the person there, you probably need to play it more. The pads are stiff as fck rubber, and brand new they don't move. It takes time to 'break them in' so they get flexible and more responsive. Theyre not the thin little dinky pads used on a BeatStep Pro or Maschine. Youre basically playing with a thick piece of brand new rubber that just isn't going to give. My Studio took about 2-3 months before the pads were comfortable and I could put it back to even the default settings and work. When I first got it, I had to crank it all the way up too and thought to myself "This can't be that awesome MPC feeling people keep talking about WTF?". Now that thing is like butter. When youre bored sitting at the computer, just press on the pads. Make a fist and roll your knuckles back and forth across each one a few times. Sit there and press press press press them while youre killing time waiting for something to download or load in your media player. Im always on my computer and my Studio is right in front of me. Id be up at like 1am playing games or something (can't work while the misses is sleeping haha) and thats all I did every free chance I got.. "Oh lemme get 13-16 after this next battle!".

Your new one isn't going to be any different Im sorry to say.
By Mellow D Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:22 am
[quote="Ciccio89"]Hi all. I bought an Akai MPC Live just 2 days ago and I have some problem, I hope someone can help me.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english :lol
Did you find out the problem with your pads mines is doing the exact same thing?
By AsadShoro2 Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:14 pm
Mellow D wrote:
Ciccio89 wrote:Hi all. I bought an Akai MPC Live just 2 days ago and I have some problem, I hope someone can help me.

Did you find out the problem with your pads mines is doing the exact same thing?

Hey bro did you get it fixed?
By Ciccio89 Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:59 pm
I hope you are right, as I said I'm completely noob, so I wanted to be sure that mine MPC wasn't broken. I had to send it back aniway because of the annoying encoders bug, but I need to wait a little bit for the new one because it seems out of stock pretty much everywhere :lol:
By Ciccio89 Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:01 pm
Mellow D wrote:

I'm waiting for new one