Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Lemmy Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:36 pm
In software 2.4 on the MPC Touch, when viewing midi events in the home view on my computer, not the Touch, I would like to have the option to:

- click in the timeline to position the play head and set the start position
- hit PLAY on the Touch, then STOP
- have the play head return to where it started from. The place I selected on the timeline.

Is that possible? I also want the current option - stop in place, and continue from where I left off. But not always.
By Lemmy Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:39 am
Anybody? This seems pretty fundamental if you are working on the same section of a sequence over and over again, and the beginning isn't near the start. How do you reset back to the same point in the sequence after hitting STOP?
I can use the Q knob to change the playhead position but I'm sure there must be a shortcut for this.
By Menco Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:08 am
You can do this by setting the loop length in the main screen
By Monotremata Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:25 am
I just looked at a screenshot of the Live in track mode so Im guessing it works just like the software and the Touch does. If you look up at the timeline, you'll see these little bright blue bars at each end. Those are the start/end markers for the loop. You can drag those around and isolate a loop within the sequence you want to work on. Actually just figured that out today myself heh.
By Lemmy Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:53 am
Just bumping this because it is still frustrating me.

I have been setting the loop position as a workaround but PLEASE development team, in an update, consider an optional mode where the play head resets to where you started from when you stop the sequence.

I don't think it's a big ask in terms of software development time, and it would really improve the workflow in my opinion. Setting the loop is very slow compared to clicking in the timeline, and you have to remember to unset it afterwards. Also it's not possible to select a loop start point which is not a whole bar.

This is a basic DAW feature. Please post if you agree!

As a side note, will you be introducing editing of sequences using fractions of bars? E.g. delete 1.3 bars, insert 2.1 bars. Set loop from 3.2 to 6.2? I'm having to work round the 'whole bar' limitation a lot.

Thnks.
By Squakmix Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:09 pm
While I was looking for a way to do this, I learned about time markers in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=182663

I was frustrated by the constant need to manually scroll the playhead back to the start of my sub-sequence, and found that time markers work perfectly. Just double tap the bar/beat/tick numbers at the top of a screen that has them (such as the "main" screen) and set the markers at the bottom of that screen (either by dialing in the bar/beat/tick of the marker manually or tapping "set" to set it to the current playhead position). Then you can always return to the first marker by tapping "play start", or go to the others by opening that screen and tapping the index number/button next to the marker you want to jump to.

Hope this was helpful!
By Dazzer1234567 Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:56 am
Jeez, this is functionality that probably entered the DAW world circa 1992.

This would be so mind-numbingly simple to implement.

Just have it so that when it's playing, another press on the play button would stop playback and return it to the position it started from.