Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By terry towelling Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:05 am
berhinger? until very recently behringer were considered a joke and made crap.

as for parterning up with a bigger companies. well, that's exactly what killed off great innovative music companies such as ensoniq and akai.

but i understand your point -- yamaha and roland don't put out faulty products and have production or supply issues. but just like apple, the world's biggest company, they all stasrted out in a small room with two or three people doing the whole show. just like isla is now.

isla is making and sending out thousands of kordbots a month. it's a hit. they don't need to partner up with anybody. and as to better distribution, what's better than the internet and mail service? and it's not like the market for an sp clone is that big.
By mr_debauch Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:21 am
terry towelling wrote:isla is making and sending out thousands of kordbots a month. it's a hit. they don't need to partner up with anybody. and as to better distribution, what's better than the internet and mail service? and it's not like the market for an sp clone is that big.

i doubt he is doing thousands a month... maybe a couple thousand total. He is assembling them himself, he would need to built over 30 a day solo to achieve that.

And why would behringer collab with this guy if they wanted to build any machine? They would just do it themselves. Maybe he would have input on it if he applied for a job there and joined their team who are running the project (assuming he get's a position and finds out what department he gets assigned to)
By fobedafied Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:48 am
terry towelling wrote:he'd be roger linn-ed in no time if he joined behringer.

yup. realtalk.

he said in one of those Ken Flux vids that he wont say no as of now to "investors". but a huge company would impact the build quality negatively imo. look at the switches and pots hes putting in this machine. metal chassis. the rotary encoder. yada yada... all those corners would be cut when you get the corporate suitboiz involved. this dude is doing it for the love and it shows, to me so far anyway. i just hope the screenprint/paint job is quality and doesnt wear off.

behringer does seem to have stepped the quality up as of late though.

look at the toys nukai or whoever owns what used to be akai pro these days has dropped in the last 10 years or more. planned obsolescence is putting it lightly. plastic toys and promised functionality that never reaches released code. fukn pathetic.

.02cents from an over the hill beat noob. :oops: :lol: :mrgreen:
By Lampdog Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:16 am
fobedafied wrote:behringer does seem to have stepped the quality up as of late though......

planned obsolescence is putting it lightly. plastic toys and promised functionality that never reaches released code. fukn pathetic.
By Fre$hBreath Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:03 pm
fooddude wrote:Do you think it would be a good (or bad) idea if Isla collab'ed with a bigger company for this (like Behringer for ex.)?
Maybe for higher production numbers and a wider/better distribution? (because I assume this might be very limited in production and/or might be short-lived in availability/production; as with most small companies and compared to a big company like Behringer).

Or, would there be too much drama/complications, engineering secrets disclosed, QC issues, less control and compromised-design, etc., etc. working with a bigger company?

Behringer and Isla is not going to happen. You'll understand in months to come...
By JUKE 179r Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:30 pm
peterpiper wrote:I know this thread is about the 'clone' but...
I have to say I love the Chief Rugged beats. Very authentic :)

I never heard of dude but now I subscribed!
By terry towelling Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:25 pm
Yep, Berhinger are making some nice gear. The sh101 clone is very nice and priced so low.
There’s so much good gear being made.
Korg have some great synths like the minilogue . The Arthuria micro freak is also a little beauty.

At the high end there is deckards dream. What a synth. And mellotron have a whole new range. And the list goes on...
By Fre$hBreath Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:34 am
I think Brad from Isla is a very honorable guy and I love that he's a genuine fan fo the original SP-1200 and went to Dave Rossum directly to get his blessings to do the SP-2400. That takes courage and foresight and I admire that and will continue to support his project...
By fobedafied Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:47 am
lookin like we're almost there! :shock: :worthy:

should be shipping around March. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6uNJLWgmwT/

I didnt know he actually got the headnod from Rossum himself! :-D

if anyone has a relevant link to one of the beta testers regarding the 2400, drop that schit for us here at the forums please. Ill spare the rollcall, but I know theres some heavy hitters, or should I just say notables waiting to test this thing out. :nod:
By CharlesRandolph Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:06 am
This is the energy and push that Akai needs. No marketing tricks, just good ole fashion information. The funny thing is, he down pitch the sample and adds a filter on the SP2400 and people go crazy. MPC could use the Auto Warp and the assign filters to get the same results and it's trash. :lol:
By Fre$hBreath Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:This is the energy and push that Akai needs. No marketing tricks, just good ole fashion information. The funny thing is, he down pitch the sample and adds a filter on the SP2400 and people go crazy. MPC could use the Auto Warp and the assign filters to get the same results and it's trash. :lol:

MPC emulation does not sound as authentic as real 12-Bit audio...