Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By Sense-A Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:40 pm
A suggestion for those with 1000's who are thirsting for something else:

Get an outboard rack sampler to add to your setup. Keep the 1000 as your sequencer. Add an Akai rack sampler unit S900, S950, S1000, S2000, S3000 and set it up in a small table top rack next to your MPC. Add in a rack effects processor, a patchbay, maybe even external filters. Or span outside of Akai. Get a roland sampler or E-MU sampler or kurzweil or something tidy that you can put in a rack and trigger with your MPC. Bounce samples back and forth. A sample of a sample of a sample can be the lofi grit you would spend $3,000 on an SP for.

I think where many MPC owners go wrong is that they want everything in one box. Filters, effects, sampler, sequencer, mastering, audio recording, etc. If you have the room, expand out. You'll get more customization, be able to have a more unique sound, and it'll be a more modular setup. Sure, you have to learn more equipment, but it sounds like you're getting too bored sitting in front of just one box anyways.

Just my two cents.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:49 am
If you want more that 128 MB of RAM. Then it's the MPC 4000, MPC 5000, MPC LIVE, or MPC X.

If you want track mute: MPC 4000 or MPC 5000. (LIVE/X may get this feature in the future.)

On board synth: MPC 5000

Over all: The MPC 5000 has everything you want. The weakest part is the 192 MB of RAM. However
if the Synth is not a must: MPC 4000.

If you can wait and see if LIVE/X adds a track mute UI. Then I say go with the LIVE, you can find them sub $1000 Used/Refurbished.
By 40Beatz Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:47 pm
Menu + Pad 6...is a dedicated Track Mute "button"