For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By mr.thraz Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:59 pm

By Lampdog Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:50 pm
What is the white piece of hardware above the mouse?
By Coz Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:22 am
Looks like the Steinberg pad controller jobby. 8)

By Lampdog Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:25 pm
I looked up the Steinburg, I see now. How do the pads feel compared to mpc pads?
By CharlesRandolph Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:21 pm
Lampdog wrote:I looked up the Steinburg, I see now. How do the pads feel compared to mpc pads?

The Steinberg Pad Controller series did not sale very well. I remember at some point they were, selling them in a 6 pack. I liked the meter controller, but managing the usb cables would've been a pain.
By Lampdog Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:35 pm
It looks like it would save me from lighting up my 4k every time I wanted to use pads on external gear.
By mr.thraz Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Lampdog wrote:What is the white piece of hardware above the mouse?

it's the PD Pad controller from steinberg, i got it years ago to travel with my laptop.

Lampdog wrote:It looks like it would save me from lighting up my 4k every time I wanted to use pads on external gear.

it is i find it really useful when using the fpc of the fruty slicer since fire doesn't send velocity. i use the akai fire for keys, slicex or the step sequencer.

Lampdog wrote:I looked up the Steinburg, I see now. How do the pads feel compared to mpc pads?

if you like the MPC pads you might find them mushy but thy respond great and you can set the velocity curve. not to mention you can pick them up super cheap.
By Lampdog Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:06 pm
By peterpiper Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:26 pm
Nice lab! yeah vodka and a fat rope chain. So that is the secret behind ya golden letters.

peace
By Lampdog Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:14 pm
A friend brought me a large plastic prop bottle of Stoli cause it’s my fave.
Gold chain is a halloween prop from years ago.
By edzer Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:38 pm
beautiful, streamlined lab lamp

tongue twister there lol
By 40Beatz Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:11 am
Nice Setup Lamp. What program is that?
By Lampdog Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:13 pm
It's the Kronos2 screen.
By Metatron72 Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:38 pm
Looking clean Lamp, but you always do. Love those monitor wallpapers haha. Sub37 too, nice. Korg Nanopad on sale is the cheapest 16 pads that perform up to an MPC head’s standards. X/Y ribbon on those is a nice bonus too. I think I paid like $60 on a sale price.