MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:48 pm
Someone somewhere will get it and complain when the color wears thin.
By Fanu Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:03 pm
Personally, I don't think that looks good.
Gold's just so over the top.

Might go thru the trouble at some point to do a custom "old Akai" color skin at Styleflip.com.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:35 pm
There must be lots of overstock parts. :-D or maybe the Gold color absorb the energy in the room and instantly eq's the sounds. Giving the drums that warm, boxy texture. :lol:
By Lampdog Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:38 pm
The swing is golden.
By Danoc Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:58 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:There must be lots of overstock parts. :-D or maybe the Gold color absorb the energy in the room and instantly eq's the sounds. Giving the drums that warm, boxy texture. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By bees80 Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:58 am
Fanu wrote:Personally, I don't think that looks good.
Gold's just so over the top.

Might go thru the trouble at some point to do a custom "old Akai" color skin at Styleflip.com.

I'd see scott storch using one in combination with an golden MPK
By JUKE 179r Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:50 pm
jeez... MY EYES!!!!!!!
By Unreallystic Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:26 pm
*sees hate*
*shrugs*
I love the look of this one. There is validity to the concerns of how long it will look like this, but the color blocking, and tints on the gold look great to me.

The real issue though, my gut tells me that there is new stuff coming "soon", and I'm not trying to drop that money on gear that will be out dated within two years.

Besides, that's my possible Jupiter-X money. Still haven't decided, move off that FA-06 and go with the Jupiter-X, or stick with my System-8/FA-06 combo. There is some overlap, but I like the functionality...
- Unreall
By Monotremata Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:04 pm
One of the local Guitar Centers out here has a used gold Live and its gotta be the most hideous looking thing Ive ever seen heh.
By BeatWilson Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:00 pm
haha, yeah there terrible looking. I bought one off a booster and resold it. Shit was disgusting....

That gold on the x doesnt look like the same shit as the live. In reality they shouldnt of made these. like who cares these days. they should of made it look like a classic mpc like a 3000 or a 60...
By Fanu Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:03 pm
BeatWilson wrote: they should of made it look like a classic mpc like a 3000 or a 60...

In a way I feel Akai should respect their legacy colors.
I do get it that times and products change, but if there's one thing that actually IS iconic in my book, it's the classic Akai color.
I LOVE the old gray + red.
Not kidding when I say I'd be fine paying for a few bucks to get the classic Ren colors back to the software as an optional skin…I loved the colors, as they were so Akai, whereas the new ones are not.

Saw the pic of the new mixer with the (hopefully very optional) candy raver colors; not feeling those myself.
By Unreallystic Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:35 pm
And I'm the opposite, those older colors are drab and boring to me. If I did customize my live or got an X and customized it, the whole thing would be a solid bold red. Beiges/greys/flat-yellows, make me think of grade school and jail, they are considered neutral and purposely boring. I like my studio to have some life, and my gear as well.
- Unreall