Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:58 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:MPC emulation does not sound as authentic as real 12-Bit audio...

The SP 2400 has done a good job of capturing the sound, while giving the user more controls. But if you want that "Authentic" sound, you need a sampler that does not have anti aliasing filter or you can turn it off. Which will reduce the sample-rate when pitched down.

Nevertheless, do you the Behringer clones sound "authentic" to you? What are your assessment of them?
By Fre$hBreath Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:43 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Fre$hBreath wrote:MPC emulation does not sound as authentic as real 12-Bit audio...

The SP 2400 has done a good job of capturing the sound, while giving the user more controls. But if you want that "Authentic" sound, you need a sampler that does not have anti aliasing filter or you can turn it off. Which will reduce the sample-rate when pitched down.

Nevertheless, do you the Behringer clones sound's "authentic to you? What are you assessment of them?

What is your fixation with Behringer? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm only going by your previous posts, but you seem to have a strange personal vendetta against them or something.

I already established to you that I think what Behringer is doing is dope.

They are giving the people what they want.

It's been cited numerous times by famous Youtubers like Starsky Carr, Loopop, and Moot Boxle that the Behringers sound just like the originals in their videos.

I also shared my personal story that what convinced me on Behringer was doing one on one tests at reknowend keyboardist Joe Doria's home studio using the Behringer and the original synths they were modeled on.

As you know from my signature that I own several Behringer synths and enjoy the way they sound and the build quality. I also stated that I had no issues with any of my Behringer gear.

I'm thus far very happy with my collection of Behringer synths and would recommend to everyone to give them a try for themselves. People are raving about them on Youtube, Reddit, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

There's a good reason for that, they are giving the people what they want.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:57 pm
No offense but I don't know many Youtubers. :lol: I was asking you because you stated, "Authentic" and since you're major promoter/user of their clone devices. I wanted to hear your opinion. That's all.

Also I was not talking about "bit crusher effects" that Akai placed to emulate old machines. I was just saying using Warp, Filters, and other effects to achieve that sound.

Fre$hBreath wrote:What is your fixation with Behringer? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm only going by your previous posts, but you seem to have a strange personal vendetta against them or something.

It's been cited numerous times by famous Youtubers like Starsky Carr, Loopop, and Moot Boxle that the Behringers sound just like the originals in their videos.

I also shared my personal story that what convinced me on Behringer was doing one on one tests at reknowend keyboardist Joe Doria's home studio using the Behringer and the original synths they were modeled on.

As you know from my signature that I own several Behringer synths and enjoy the way they sound and the build quality. I also stated that I had no issues with any of my Behringer gear.

I'm thus far very happy with my collection of Behringer synths and would recommend to everyone to give them a try for themselves. People are raving about them on Youtube, Reddit, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

By Fre$hBreath Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:36 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:No offense but I don't know many Youtubers. :lol: I was asking you because you stated, "Authentic" and since you're major promoter/user of their clone devices. I wanted to hear your opinion. That's all.

Also I was not talking about "bit crusher effects" that Akai placed to emulate old machines. I was just saying using Warp, Filters, and other effects to achieve that sound.

Fre$hBreath wrote:What is your fixation with Behringer? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm only going by your previous posts, but you seem to have a strange personal vendetta against them or something.

I'm not promoting Behringer, they are just releasing more synths at a rapid rate than other developers. I do however have a great interest in synths so whoever is announcing something I find interesting, I'm gonna post about it.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:48 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:I'm not promoting Behringer, they are just releasing more synths at a rapid rate than other developers. I do however have a great interest in synths so whoever is announcing something I find interesting, I'm gonna post about it.

I said promote because you're posting and talking about them. Nevertheless, did you pre order the SP 2400?
By saltmcgault Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:58 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:

Do you really think people can tell, what machine it was made on? :lol:

I'm not trying to be sound bit nerd but Fresh is right unless you pitch and stretch the sample just right in the "mpc2500" it doesn't sound the same. 90% of the time it sounds like shit and I'm sure that's due to a little operator error also. lol
By CharlesRandolph Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:07 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
I'm not trying to be sound bit nerd but Fresh is right unless you pitch and stretch the sample just right in the "mpc2500" it doesn't sound the same. 90% of the time it sounds like **** and I'm sure that's due to a little operator error also. lol

I think the 2500 had some kind of digital clipping when applying filter to the sample? Did JJOS fix that?