Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By NearTao Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:07 pm
Not going to pre-order this thing... but definitely interested to see what other folks here have to say about it once it is released. Quite possibly an addition I see myself getting in the future. It sounds great from the demo vids, and the modern additions really are icing on top.
By Cockdiesel Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:27 pm
I’d like to see how well the 12 bit engine and 24 bit engine can blend together. The sp was a cool machine the short time I had it but I had a hard time blending anything on it with the more modern sounds on my live or other synths. I imagine using a mixer would help some in my case but I couldn’t get anything cohesive between just the live and sp.

I wonder how the 2400 will ring as well, the emax comes close but still very different and the sp was very unpredictable with the ring on different pitches. Like the difference between a crazy vibe sweet spot to something unusable with very little movement up or down.
By mr_debauch Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:19 am
Cockdiesel wrote:I’d like to see how well the 12 bit engine and 24 bit engine can blend together.

not sure what this means exactly... does it have 12 bit converters and separate 24 bit converters that only get engaged when you aren't choosing to record in 12 bit? or is this just bit reduction done during the sample recording on 24 bit converters? this seems like "the 3000 circuitry" v2.0 ..
By saltmcgault Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:50 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:I think the 2500 had some kind of digital clipping when applying filter to the sample? Did JJOS fix that?

I cant recall any of my samples clipping when applying any filters on a sample even before i was using jjos.
By Cockdiesel Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:05 am
mr_debauch wrote:
Cockdiesel wrote:I’d like to see how well the 12 bit engine and 24 bit engine can blend together.

not sure what this means exactly... does it have 12 bit converters and separate 24 bit converters that only get engaged when you aren't choosing to record in 12 bit? or is this just bit reduction done during the sample recording on 24 bit converters? this seems like "the 3000 circuitry" v2.0 ..

I recall him saying it has two engines one that matches the specs of the sp and a high quality one. I’m going of hazy memory here so forgive me if I’m wrong. I’m guessing that means 2 sets of convertors. If it’s just the same high quality convertors just with reduced bit depth and sample rate I’d have to agree with you. The answer is out there but you have to sift through a lot of videos.
By Lampdog Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:16 am
This is a real good question.

Convertor can mean the 1 high quality engine assuming 2 duties and downplaying to old school standards, possibly masquerading as a real separation, we need to know.
2 engines can mean separation on a hardware level, we need to know.

Are the 12/24 engine’s both software, hardware, what exactly?
By Cockdiesel Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:23 am
I just recall him saying that you can mix and match the samples in either mode or both sound engines working at once. Which gets me thinking maybe the daughter card will give you access to 8 more outs on the clone ssm chips. I think that would mean 16 outs plus a stereo mix out.
By fobedafied Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:25 am
im pretty sure he said different architecture or digital signal path or whatever you'd call it for 26khz and 48khz SAMPLE RATE. actually checking the website now he explains it as "Dual Audio Engine" a lo-fi and a hi-fi "ENGINE". ENGINE not modulator. ! :-D :-D :-D

it also sounds like one or the other, and not a CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE control which could hit somewhere in the middle if desired. :hmmm: :popcorn:

as for BIT RATE. hes repeatedly addressed this by stating that for 12 BIT vs. 24 BIT, they would be merely ignoring/not utilizing the 12 LEAST SIGNIFICANT BITS. :smoker: :idea:
By Fre$hBreath Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:19 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Fre$hBreath wrote:I'm not promoting Behringer, they are just releasing more synths at a rapid rate than other developers. I do however have a great interest in synths so whoever is announcing something I find interesting, I'm gonna post about it.

I said promote because you're posting and talking about them. Nevertheless, did you pre order the SP 2400?

Of course.