Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Lampdog Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:42 pm
Sylo Synthesizer

Price: Free
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sylo-sy ... d378074598

Just to prove that you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for granular synths on iOS there is the free Sylo Synthesizer by Wooji Juice Ltd. In addition to allowing you to create instruments or effects from recordings using granular synthesis, it also has a range of other useful features. It makes use of live time-stretching technology and has a suite of filters to play around with. Don't let the fact that it is free cause any doubt about its quality either as both The Flaming Lips and Gorillaz made use of this software. It doesn't just limit you to one or two LFOs either, but allows you to program virtually all the parameters in the system to vary over time in complex ways.

By Lampdog Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:44 pm
Grain Science

Price: $9.99
Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grain-s ... d487233637

If you enjoyed Sylo Synthesizer, but want something a lot more powerful, then Grain Science from the same developer is worth checking out. Sporting an intuitive user interface, multichannel MIDI input and a sophisticated grain engine, Grain Science goes beyond what you can accomplish with other "experimental" granular apps.

By Lampdog Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:52 pm
Quanta Granular Synth

Price: $9.99
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quanta- ... 66172?mt=8

If you have a powerful iPad device running iOS11+ or already own the full version of Quanta for Windows or macOS, then Quanta Granular Synth is worth serious consideration. According to the developer, Audio Damage Inc, it is a feature-heavy desktop quality synthesizer, so make sure that your hardware is up to scratch. For your money you get a multi-format sample loader, a grain engine that can handle up to 100 simultaneous grains per voice, sidecar oscillator, dual multi-mode filters, four flexible envelope generators and much, much more.

By Lampdog Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:54 pm
Borderlands Granular

Price: $12.99
Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/borderl ... d561369733

Borderlands Granular by Chris Carlson has been winning awards since its release and has just been getting better and better. It takes a while to get used to the interface as it makes use of gestural interaction instead of knobs and sliders for creating sounds. However, once you get the hang of things, it is a joy to use and you can being sculpting your sounds with ease. Borderlands allows for the loading and exporting of sounds via Audiobus, Audioshare as well as real time input. In addition it allows you to record, loop, store and duplicate any of the touches and parameters in order to improvise alongside the app.
By Cockdiesel Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:50 pm
Audio damage makes some fire stuff. I’m going to have to check out the app you posted.
By Lampdog Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:57 pm
Audio Damage is def no slouch.
By Lampdog Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:03 pm

Description
The KronosRemote allows you to control the famous Korg Kronos workstation from your iPad and helps you getting the maximum performance out of your Kronos. It focuses on live situations on stage to give you easy access to common pages and parameters even when the Kronos screen is not in reach or not visible. In the studio it will support your programming workflow by providing a second screen on which you can have direct access to important pages like the combi mixer while editing other pages on the Kronos screen (it does not substitute the Kronos for programming though).

A wireless connection via Bluetooth supports program changes and realtime controllers and is a convenient way on stage to control your live setup in every situation. A connection via USB cable fully supports SysEx communication and features synchronisation of all preset parameters, thus being the perfect choice during programming in your studio.

Please note: the KronosRemote is designed as a supplement to the Kronos screen, due to technical reasons many pages are only available on the Kronos screen and are not accessible from the app.

A setlist view similar to the Kronos setlist screen allows quick changes between program / combi and song presets. Optionally the app can change the mode on the Kronos and for example show the combi mixer page while your iPad still lets you access your current setlist.

You can assign .pdf files or even .mp3 files to setlist slots. .pdf files will be displayed instead of the comment field while .mp3 files bring up a mini-player - all within the setlist screen.

Slots and setlists can conveniently be edited including drag & drop slots / use the onscreen keyboard to input text / copy & paste chords or lyrics to your comments. And you can even do that offline - prepare your setlist backstage on the iPad, add new songs or move your songs in the right order, edit your comments, add leadsheets... and transfer all changes to your Kronos later when you're connected.

- Default setlist mode with slots, zoomable and scrollable
- Add .pdf and .mp3 files to your setlist slots
- Extensive setlist editing capabilities
- Select slot preset directly from setlist mode instead of changing forth and back between the modes
- Undo feature
- A realtime controller bar features controls like ribbon controller, knobs and silders or the 8 universal pads without hiding your setlist

The mixer page and additional common editing pages can be displayed and used on the iPad. While editing on the iPad is more convenient than the Kronos touchscreen, this mode allows you to view two editing pages at the same time - like adjusting EQ settings on the Kronos screen and editing mixer settings on the iPad. When you're done editing use the iPad keyboard to give your Combi a name and save it from the iPad.

Program mode lets you change presets and offers the same access to the realtime controller surfaces as the other modes. Also you can use the iPad keyboard to rename programs.

The mixer and EQ pages for MIDI and Audio are available in Sequencer mode. Use the iPad to always have your hands on the mixer while you're working on your tracks or effects.

• USB connection requires the iPad camera kit or USB-lightning adapter
• For a bluetooth connection an additional bluetooth MIDI dongle on the Kronos side is required. Bluetooth is only available on devices which support Bluetooth LE specification, this should be all devices above (not including) the iPad 2
• The app fully supports iPad 2 or prior but will be slow on these devices, mostly during syncing processes. Program changes and realtime controllers work fine.
• Additional infos and FAQ can be found at http://www.kronos-remote.com

By Lampdog Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:20 pm
I use this a lot via wifi, sometimes usb connected, it’s a great shit to have.

By Lampdog Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:30 pm
I said it before but I’m gonna say it again, on IOS this app lets you create your OWN midi control surface from scratch or import templates. I’ve used it for years with my 4k and turbo phatt, it’s great to have a customized touch control surface for these older machines. WAY less menu diving, immediate control of things as well. If you have an ipad, don’t sleep.

By Lampdog Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:22 pm
Import a decent mixed 2chnl wav beat from BM3 and this app has treated me well. Do I know how to master, fuuuuuuck no.

By hellnegative Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:55 pm
NearTao wrote:The Model D app is definitely legit. Makes me feel less bad about thinking about selling off my Voyager.

I wish there was an android version.