Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By uhoh7 Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:04 pm
It's becoming a thing. I just bought my first MPC1000 to do just what you are seeing. Besides listening to a little JDilla, I knew nothing about sampling or beat making. But I'm deep in the vinyl now, and getting a SL1200 Mk2 speced to 78rpm to sample from a few thousand 78s I inherited.

The only better hardware DAW replacement is
https://www.sequentix.com/shop/cirklon-hardware-sequencer
Which you can't get anyway.

Roger Linn threw the kitchen sync midi-wise at the MP60, and it held over till the 1k. Nothing after is better except that thing above. Or so it is widely stated.
By The Jackal Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:33 am
He actually has some videos up where he explains his music making process. Look around and you'll find them. I actually watched several of them just the other week and it clarified everything he was doing on the MPC for me because I was a bit curious too.
By Sense-A Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:43 am
The device to the right of the MPC looks like an Akai APC. I have an Akai mini, though I've never used it. It integrates with Ableton as a sort of 8x8 track mute grid. I imagine he is triggering tracks within Ableton. Some of the tracks are likely inside the mpc 1000, where he is likely using pad mute to mute and unmute some drum hits and samples within tracks.

I wish I could figure out how to use my Akai APC mini as a way for immediate access to all 64 samples in banks A through D. But I don't know if it is any good to use outside Ableton. I probably just have to use a midi program to intercept the midi messages and send them back out to the mpc 1000 to play specific notes.
By ShoopFroggyFrog Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:46 am
What up. I wish someone would synth-funk on video with that Cirklon gadget. Also thank you very much to 'The Jackal' for letting me know about the guy's gear explanations. I'll be peepin that fo sho.