Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By tamarinsoul Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:37 am
To my (and thousands other users' ) disappointment, the firmware update 3.0.4 contains wireless Ableton Live integration but the much-needed song mode is not there. Most of us bought Force to get rid of the computer, if we wanted to use Live we'd go and buy Ableton Live and Push, thanks very much AKAI - I am not keen on integration with computers the least & it doesn't take much time in these forums to see that many feel the same. It's about time AKAI listened and put all their energy and efforts into developing a well-functioning song mode so that we can start and finish tracks within the native Force environment.

Thanks for listening
By c-real Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:03 pm
Confirmed here by a staff member:

If I understand correctly, 2.8 will come at the minimum with Drum Synth and Arrangment view (for Force users). And it will be released very soon (I guess this this month or early February), stated on what another staff member said in another video.
By Cockdiesel Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:41 pm
That’s going to be sick on the MPC. You can basically do a live performance of your song and go back and edit things later. Stoked about this one but it may be some time for the Mpc... or maybe not last update they dropped ableton control for all the products.
By kaydigi Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:46 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:That’s going to be sick on the MPC. You can basically do a live performance of your song and go back and edit things later. Stoked about this one but it may be some time for the Mpc... or maybe not last update they dropped ableton control for all the products.

It sucks you have to wait until Namm to get this info. A lot of us would have been cool if this was shown off or discussed via one of akai’s social media pages presented the same way Namm video was.
By c-real Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:12 pm
Is anyone here know if the Ableton control work with the Arranger too?

Example: scroll the playhead of the arranger to bar 13, the playhead of Ableton Live automatically moves to bar 13, so that both Ableton and Force arranger keeps in sync. Hit play on Force => it also start Ableton, and vice versa.

You could have a drums arrangement on the Force and the rest of your song on Ableton Live and everything would play correctly.

It would be dope!
By Cockdiesel Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:12 pm
Hard to tell. I recall andy showing off how you can seem lesson go between ableton control and the force control.

Not sure if arranger moder can work in the back round but I would image while clips are playing you should have enough time to switch to ableton and launch clips on there.

Now it could be tailored to that work flow, come in a future update, or omitted as the arranger might only be work within the force,