MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:51 pm
Where is the MPC X Mkii Thats what i wanna see lol
By Lampdog Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:22 pm
BeatWilson wrote:More like...

"Fixed Midi, thats what i want to see..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By rvense Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:52 pm
Ah, so I wasn't the only one who found that.

It's from a script related to network MIDI. It looks at the USB ID of the control surface and decides which text to display in the dialogue, as far as I could understand.

I couldn't find any other references to a Live MkII anywhere else in the 2.7 firmware, nor to the One. They must've learned something from all the previous leaks.

Fun fact: The Force was originally called the "APC Live", and references to it were actually in the firmware from almost a year before it was released. This file didn't show until this last update, though.
By lih Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:51 am
rvense wrote:Ah, so I wasn't the only one who found that.

It's from a script related to network MIDI. It looks at the USB ID of the control surface and decides which text to display in the dialogue, as far as I could understand.

I couldn't find any other references to a Live MkII anywhere else in the 2.7 firmware, nor to the One. They must've learned something from all the previous leaks.

Fun fact: The Force was originally called the "APC Live", and references to it were actually in the firmware from almost a year before it was released. This file didn't show until this last update, though.

so next NAMM then...in time for the current live to be worth like 350 in resale value
By rvense Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:09 am
Who knows. Like said, first sign of the One was in 2.7, so it could also be just around the corner.

For all we know it's just the current Live with an ethernet jack, though. It could also be an internal prototype with stuff they're trying out, or it could be a brand new, completely upgraded machine that's ready to go once the One hype dies down.
By Monotremata Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:21 pm
Yeah Id imagine the Live already outsold the X as it is, making it an even easier choice would pretty much kill the big flagship unless they bump that up too.
By Eyalc Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:46 pm
Right now the Live doesn't share many parts with the X (maybe the back ports), but top buttons are different. The X and the One share a lot of the same buttons though. Could be a worthwhile cost savings to not have to source those rubber buttons only used on one model. And I'm willing to bet the plastic ones are cheaper than the rubber ones. Use more shared parts, bump the specs a bit, call it an MKII. Sounds like a smart business move IMO.
Bymember04959388 Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:48 pm
Which sense there would be to make a Live mk2 and not an X mk2?
Maybe some hardware changing on Live and X stays the same but they will both have more Ram?
Or a Live mk2 which will stay in the middle between X and Live1 and will replace both?