Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By JUKE 179r Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:26 am
Meh... I still prefer Emagic's Logic v5 but what do I know...
By peterpiper Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:09 pm
:shock: Cakewalk on position 8 !

Never thought that this is still used by anyone.

FL on 1 surprized me too but that is because I never used it as 'DAW' but only as 'virtual beat machine' so to say :) without audio recording. Good software indeed.

peace
By Monotremata Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:19 pm
Man whoever gathered all the links to Sweetwater for that article sucks. Ive been thinking about possibly moving back to Cubase after almost 20 years, and I got all excited when I saw the price listed, turns out its for a damn upgrade from another version of Cubase. The full Pro is still $600 heh.
By peterpiper Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:05 pm
Monotremata wrote:Man whoever gathered all the links to Sweetwater for that article sucks. Ive been thinking about possibly moving back to Cubase after almost 20 years, and I got all excited when I saw the price listed, turns out its for a damn upgrade from another version of Cubase. The full Pro is still $600 heh.

I tried to upgrade from Atari Cubase to Cubase SX2 back in 200? ...... they allowed it :)
peace
By Monotremata Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:07 am
peterpiper wrote:
Monotremata wrote:Man whoever gathered all the links to Sweetwater for that article sucks. Ive been thinking about possibly moving back to Cubase after almost 20 years, and I got all excited when I saw the price listed, turns out its for a damn upgrade from another version of Cubase. The full Pro is still $600 heh.

I tried to upgrade from Atari Cubase to Cubase SX2 back in 200? ...... they allowed it :)
peace

No shit? I still have my boxed VST/24 in the garage. Still have the big ass parallel port dongle even!

EDIT: Hah no dice. The upgrades only go back to Cubase SX, none for the old VST anymore.
By NearTao Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:48 pm
Monotremata wrote:No ****? I still have my boxed VST/24 in the garage. Still have the big ass parallel port dongle even!

EDIT: Hah no dice. The upgrades only go back to Cubase SX, none for the old VST anymore.

Might be worth calling in, sometimes these companies are super helpful when you get somebody on the phone.
By Coz Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:26 pm
Monotremata wrote:EDIT: Hah no dice. The upgrades only go back to Cubase SX, none for the old VST anymore.

You're covered back to 2002... what more do you want?! :lol:

I like the fact that my old SX1 projects still load up in recent versions Cubase. I tried the FL demo for Mac after seeing this thread and was surprised how cluttered the interface is on a laptop. Definitely not for me.

Does anyone use Bitwig here? :popcorn:
By Monotremata Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:28 am
Coz wrote:
Monotremata wrote:You're covered back to 2002... what more do you want?! :lol:

I like the fact that my old SX1 projects still load up in recent versions Cubase. I tried the FL demo for Mac after seeing this thread and was surprised how cluttered the interface is on a laptop. Definitely not for me.

Does anyone use Bitwig here? :popcorn:

Hah yeah by then I was knee deep in Emagic land (or soon to be Apple/Emagic land anyways). I could NOT get along with the interface for SX so I stayed with Logic and bought Platinum instead of moving on with Cubase. Ive been tempted to go back time and again but after 20 years now with Logic, I know it like the back of my hand. But Cubase still does some MIDI stuff Logic doesn't that I would love to have. It was a nightmare figuring out how to route my MPC through my MIDI interface so its not sending the entire MIDI output to whatever track I have selected. Now the thing is 'hardwired' and its output doesn't even hit the Logic sequencer, it gets sent per channel to each MIDI port as soon as it comes in. Cant record shit in Logic now over MIDI from it, but I do all the sequencing in the MPC anyways, just need Logic to record the audio like a tape deck when it's done.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:07 am
Articles like this are fairly meaningless unless they clarify the numbers involved. How many people voted? What was the difference in votes between no.1 and no.10? Could be just 60 people voted, and FL Studio got 12 votes, protools got 3.

there was that Reverb article that listed top 10 samplers sold at reverb and MPCs didn't even appear. Yet when you actually searched their 'completed sales' archive, MPC Live should have been something like 5th, plus we were talking really low numbers, even for the top placed sampler, e.g. around 150 sales in a year. Just not enough to make any meaningful conclusions.
By Neurone Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:10 pm
I'm using BitWig, seems stable, regular updates although sample/audio manipulation is not a patch on Ableton.
Version updates are a bit limited, you get one year of support and updates then they cut you off at the knees.
Ableton are more generous I think.