Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By DaCrane Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:52 am
Really on the fence about pulling the trigger on this one.
The unit looks like no expense was spared and top notch quality. Everything seems to be on par.
My concern is the firmware/operating system which seems to not yet be implicated as of yet. In research it seems the main issue people had with the kordbot was that the sequencer was never implicated.
On this machine it looks like everything is a go but the sequencer. I understand that he has actual developers working on the o/s and has stated that once shipped it will be in the same working condition as the original but just wondering if anyone else has any concerns of the unit actually be sent out to the standard that has been stated.
By Lampdog Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:12 am
By fooddude Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:22 pm
Lovely machine! The modern implementations make it highly attractive too.
If it had a capable sequencer similar or better to my old MPC60, I’d def consider replacing it with this SP2400 (love its’ sound more than the MPC, but the modern implementations like SD card, etc. is a bonus).

Anyone have detailed specs on its’ Sequencer? (max # of tracks & songs, step resolution & notes [for sequencing/playing external keyboards/synths, etc.], building & stacking tracks/songs, editing, etc.)

Will/Can it be capable of being a main-centerpiece and master-sequencer, trigger/control/sequence multiple external synths/keyboards, other samplers and sound-modules? (I assume probably not, since the classic-SP never did that... but I could be wrong).

Wondering if it can take-over/replace my MPC60 as the main-sequencer/centerpiece …which is very archaic/basic compared to modern sequencers, so perhaps it would be easy to make/add/implement a similar MPC sequencer to it these days, irdk. But, then again, the lcd screen is probably too small to do/show any extensive editing and song making, compared to the MPC60.

I know the classic SP12/1200 didn’t have a sequencer nearly as capable as the old MPC60; but wondering if this Isla 2400 will be much different.
By Lampdog Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:52 pm
As much as I can’t wait to get my hands on it I’d rather Isla take time to cross as many T’s and dot as many i’s as it can before release. It will only server them well in the end, solid product is ALWAYS a good thing.
By mr_debauch Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:18 pm
not to confuse the sp-1200 with the sp-2400... not to confuse the s-2400 with s-2800.. this type of thing will never end. He should have just called it the ii-2400 or something like that right out the gate.