Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:27 am
Uli’s plan if that if you make music it’s on a behringer. Behringer will take over the industry like a tissue is a Kleenex, and a photo copy is a xerox... musical instruments will be known as a behringer, as will EVERY associated product in the supply chain from writing to disturbing to heck even playing on your car speakers.

You will assimilate.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:47 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Uli’s plan if that if you make music it’s on a behringer. Behringer will take over the industry like a tissue is a Kleenex, and a photo copy is a xerox... musical instruments will be known as a behringer, as will EVERY associated product in the supply chain from writing to disturbing to heck even playing on your car speakers.

You will assimilate.

Why do people think of Uli as the boogeyman? The guy is a musician himself, in fact, he’s major fan of classic analog synths and drum machines.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:52 am
Cockdiesel wrote:I was joking around. It’s the ultimate goal of every company to dominate their markets.

Maybe that’s more of the board of directors goal, but I think this is different for Uli Behringer’s personal mission. I’m not saying that the guy isn’t seeking business success, I’m saying that he’s thinking more like one of us rather than a soulless corporatist.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:57 am
Behringer is pushing gear like crack dealer. I started seeing them release guitar pedals for 25 dollars. I was like, how bad could the OD300 Overdrive / Distortion Pedal be. If the pedals sound bad would it matter, it's a distortion pedal. It's suppose to sound bad. :lol:
By Fre$hBreath Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:04 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Behringer is pushing gear like crack dealer. I started seeing them release guitar pedals for 25 dollars. I was like, how bad could the OD300 Overdrive / Distortion Pedal be. If the pedals sound bad would it matter, it's a distortion pedal. It's suppose to sound bad. :lol:

I’m hoping that Behringer will do tape based effects like the Roland Space Echo and space Chorus. 500 series units too...
By Fre$hBreath Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:23 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:I still have cynical hat on for Behringer. But I won't lie.. at these prices, I may just try two of them even though I don't need them. :lol:

I love how this video shows you how different the filters are for these synths...
By peterpiper Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:37 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:
Why do people think of Uli as the boogeyman? The guy is a musician himself, in fact, he’s major fan of classic analog synths and drum machines.

Yes, I've heard that he is a musician but I never heard his music. Have you?
Any links where we can hear some stuff from him? Any names of bands?

peace
By quietizkept Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:29 pm
Not a new product, but I have a Behringer question. Does anyone know of a Behringer usb mixer that can be used as a dj interface? It just needs to have separately assignable main & headphone outs. My Mbox 2, for example, won't work, as it treats the main & headphone outs as one output, despite separate physical volume controls. It only shows the main outs & spdif outs in any software. I could really use the extra inputs of a usb mixer at live shows, but I'd rather not also have to use a separate interface. I have 5 or 6 interfaces around here that won't work for djing that I need to sell, I'd rather not buy another since I need a mixer too. I do have one of those adapters that runs a mono signal out each side, effectively splitting one stereo out into main+cue in mono, but I want to run stereo. Mods please move this if need be. Thank you everyone!
By Fre$hBreath Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:18 pm
quietizkept wrote:Not a new product, but I have a Behringer question. Does anyone know of a Behringer usb mixer that can be used as a dj interface? It just needs to have separately assignable main & headphone outs. My Mbox 2, for example, won't work, as it treats the main & headphone outs as one output, despite separate physical volume controls. It only shows the main outs & spdif outs in any software. I could really use the extra inputs of a usb mixer at live shows, but I'd rather not also have to use a separate interface. I have 5 or 6 interfaces around here that won't work for djing that I need to sell, I'd rather not buy another since I need a mixer too. I do have one of those adapters that runs a mono signal out each side, effectively splitting one stereo out into main+cue in mono, but I want to run stereo. Mods please move this if need be. Thank you everyone!

I have no answers but that sounds like a good idea. You should suggest that to Behringer...
By Metatron72 Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:01 pm
I’ve never seen a thing about Uli with music posted or some evidentiary trail of past works. I could see it as a curiosity but I think the point was more the guy just grew up loving synths and he likes making money obviously.

So here we are.

The bogeyman thing is surely they’ve had a historical rep for knock offs and iffy builds. Some say they had no issues and whatever they bought performed and held up fine for the cost. Then the cloning of out of copyright circuits, full designs and even cosmetic styles and panel livery just set off the people who have already hated Behringers for 10-20 years.

And I’d add to that you might notice an odd pattern in the most vehement anti Uli folks. They seem to have have zero issue with indie and tiny firms cloning Moog, Roland, OB and ARP. If it’s something like AJH Moog clones (or Moon or dot com in 500 format clones) in euro rack there’s not a peep of dissent.
Then they shift it to well it’s not the cloning itself it’s that it’s a multi billion dollar interest doing it, so = evil, case closed in their minds.

The recent TD-3 black or whatever name ascribed, that situation gets more grey and blurry. Behringer was in talks with the DevilFish mod creator to pay for his design and just spit out the boards at levels of production previously unimaginable. They offered him a fraction of a percentage point, he said no, they said whatever we will just do it anyway.

So that detour is I think a bit more valid a debate to have or take issue with. In the other cases he’s cloning things that are out of copyright that were owned by firms who mostly refused to ever reissue under any circumstance. Of course excepting the Korg and ARP reissues. But even those are made with David Friend from ARP as a consultant and sharing on the profits. It’s not due to the fact Mr. Friend owns the designs, they are out of copyright.

And as crazy as it seems the 50 number is pretty real once you start adding up all the leaks, trolling with a smile suggestions in their online marketing like IG and saying open ended suggestive things on forums, posed as ‘what would you think if...’ queries.

I hope they do more originals as it’s just more variety and the Neutron is a great piece of kit. I feel like some of the questions people raise are valid, but I don’t feel it’s quite the black and white all good/all evil dichotomy so many are framing it as in a monolithic way.
By terry towelling Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:09 am
behringer are biters.
now that's not a criticism -- contrary, to what some may say, there's nothing wrong with being a biter. but just don't pretend that it's anything else other than biting.

as for the claim roland doesn't re-release stuff and give what the people want -- that's bullshit. roland have -- and continue to -- re-release their signature drum sets and synths in so, so many different iterations over the years, starting with the r8 in 1989. all those roland groove boxes come with 808, 909, 606 etc sounds. all the JVs have those sound cards with all the classic drum machines and synths on them. roland's flagship workstations have always been full of 808s, 909s and roland vintage synths. roland continue today with the aria system and the released sh101, d50 808, 909, 303, juno, jx etc.

i can understand that a 16 yo may not have had a chance to buy a pro one or an 808 or CR. but for any grown person. what's your excuse? these machines have been around for 30-40 years. and for most of that time you could buy them for a couple of hundred bucks. if you're a 40 year old without a pro one or an 808, then you need to have a hard look at yourself and not blame roland or sequential circuits for poor gear digging skills.