Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By KorbenDallas Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:00 am
Probably asked (and answered) a million times, nevertheless I can't find a proper answer. On the time correction screen I can apply a swift (50 - 75%) as well as time shift value. As far as I understand both features shift notes specific ticks away from their exact quantized positions. The time shift lets you exactly specify the number of ticks you want a note to be shifted, the swing value calculates the ticks for you.

What I don't get: How do they play together? Is the swing applied on top of the shifted positions or only applied to certain notes? As far as I understand this article the swing is applied to all the even-numbered 16th notes within the beat.

Seems to be a complicated topic or maybe I just don't get it. Any explanation appreciated.
By NearTao Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:55 pm
Uhm...

Assuming you are on the free version, but that only goes up to JJOS 3.16. The manual is herehttp://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/version3e.htm and doesn't have any documentation on swing... so I assume you can get details from the base MPC 1000 manual, or the MPC 1000 bible that Tutor sells.

I'm more than happy to poke around on my MPC, but I'm running JJOS3 v2.35, which may behave differently.

Can you just check to see which flavor JJOS Free, JJOS2, JJOS2XL, JJOS3 you are on, and which version you are running?

Thanks!
By KorbenDallas Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:35 pm
I use JJOS1 v5.56 on a MPC2500, not sure if this OS version is still available. It's working fine for me, but I can't find any documentation. This weird JJOS page makes me crazy, I tested JJOS XL once but switched back to JJOS1 because it was too much of a hassle for me.