Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By cleansocks Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:55 am
saltmcgault wrote:https://www.walmart.com/ip/iMBAPrice-3-5mm-Female-Stereo-Jack-to-1-4inch-Male-Stereo-Plug-Adapter/826749648?athcpid=826749648&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS004&athguid=8726a50f-007-170eb7178f9241&athancid=null&athena=true

doesn't answer my question
By cleansocks Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:59 am
Ok SO I know the MPC clearly is working as well as my speakers ... I went into SAMPLE TRIM and pressed P ALL and it played the sample the guy from 2002 left on his hard drive. The rest is just figuring out pad assign so I guess my only question is..

how tf do you figure out where to start assigning stuff
By Lampdog Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:37 am
Until you figure out what the **** a PART and a MULTI is and how to use them you will never get sound.
By cleansocks Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:08 pm
Lampdog wrote:Until you figure out what the **** a PART and a MULTI is and how to use them you will never get sound.

Yah Im a dumbass but I figured out Trim and Sample assign and how 2 get the sounds out. Gonna stop spammin the forums n figure it out now that I know it's not broken. Lol. Thx for being patient
By ruzina Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:55 pm
hi,

it is truth that manual for 4000 is written in VERY user unfriendly manner. i am sure many here will confirm it.
having said that, someone else mentioned that the machine was made for audio engineers and professionals that know their ins and outs. but anyway, manual is horrible.

imagine that you do not know what is a car. and u get manual that says:

1. this is the car logo amblem, used to make car makers recongasible
2. hood - under the hood is the engine
3. valve - bla bla
4. oil tank, bla bla
11245. interiour retro mirror - used to monitor the back of the car
11246. sunshade

and then by 220145. you come to steering wheel and gear change and brakes etc...

having read that, by first 200 pages you would never know how to get in the car, turn on the engine and drive forward. never.

thats what they did with the manual. it is for professionals.
what they were suppose to do was to explain what is an art of sampling, how do u sample with proper level, mono and stereo, and what to do with recorded sample, how to make a program, put it on part in multi, what is program and what is multi. how do u add effects and route the signal. like NORMAL quick guide, just it would be also comprehensive.
AND only then the real and only manual we have would be very handy to propel your knowledge.

i am strongly advising you to learn other things beforehand. it is clear from your post that you do not understand the basics of signal flow, cabling and levels.
also, i am suggesting you to obtain small mixer, something like 10 ch. does not have to be expensive, anything will help you. then you can learn all basics and have all your 8 channels individually handled. and have your mixer connected to some speakers.

by far the best manual that can teach you a lot is an old Mackie VLZ1604 user manual.
it is written in such matter that ONLY person that is not genuinly interested in a subject wont master the basics. realy, try it!

good luck!

ruzina