MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Guyi1 Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:18 pm
When I convert>sequence in Song Mode, the sequence I get has missing sounds.I don't have anything muted. This only happens in certain parts of the new sequence.
When i exported the song , i didn´t have problems. The seq didnt have missings sounds. I mean, i can work with the individual seqs (as bridge, chorus, etc) and the playback is good.

the problem is not in the automation, nor in the assignment of the tracks with the programs. the error only appears in the entire new sequence created. I have reviewed the edit list and there were no muted tracks either

Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks

Peace
By wavejockey Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:59 am
probably because your other sequences tracks (<> 1) have different program assignments than your base sequence (1) tracks
By Lampdog Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:31 pm
bees80 wrote:Yep, classic mistake.

Funny how YEARS and YEARS go by with forum OG’s saying this
and it STILL happens.
By Lampdog Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:15 pm
If it’s an actual bug I understand, it should be addressed and corrected.

When a song (several sequences) gets converted to seq then what will be the track assignment?
It makes sense that the very first seq in the song chain be used as a model for track assignments when converted.

It’s been that way for several hardware MPC’s past and it’s ALWAYS tripped up peeps who don’t pay attention to track assignments.
By bees80 Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:25 pm
.. and addition to Lamp; once somebody knows this, they will never make this mistake again and you'll hear nothing more about it.

I don't even see people requesting stuff like this to be ''fixed''.
By Lampdog Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:37 pm
bees80 wrote:....once somebody knows this, they will never make this mistake again........

And I haven’t since 2001.

:-D
By QuickStrike Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:59 pm
Theyneed to fix this super old bug or make it so you can copy sequence parameters. That way you can copy copy all track events and effects from previous sequence without any MIDI data being copied. So that way if you wanted to make completely different bridge from the original sequence you can do that easily.

Nah if they want this to compete with a daw they need to fix that!
By bees80 Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 pm
It's not a bug, it's just how the MPC works...

Anyway, you are talking about copy seq parameters.. doesn't copy sequence just do that?
By QuickStrike Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:20 pm
bees80 wrote:It's not a bug, it's just how the MPC works...

Anyway, you are talking about copy seq parameters.. doesn't copy sequence just do that?

MPC Renaissance started off with a different mixer architect up until 1.7. then it reverted back to the traditional mpc way of operation. No more song explode after that. I miss that function alot

And no you cannot just copy the sequence perimeters using software 2.O-2.7

But even if they just ad a erase all tracks that would make it easier for copying songs and keeping them in alignment for song to seq.

Hopefully you guys get what I'm trying to say.
By Lampdog Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:56 pm
QuickStrike wrote:Theyneed to fix this super old bug or make it so you can copy sequence parameters. That way you can copy copy all track events and effects from previous sequence without any MIDI data being copied. So that way if you wanted to make completely different bridge from the original sequence you can do that easily.

Nah if they want this to compete with a daw they need to fix that!

I understand it.
By Guyi1 Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:05 am
Hey guys, thank you for participating! There is not eror at the moment of assigment on track.because when i play all the seqs, the asigment is OK, and there are not so many sequences to be confused. Disappointing. This powerful machine can process sounds in real time and mix them, but it can't put the sequences together... it´s easier... Is the MPC staff at all? Does it make sense to write to them in the mail?........
By bees80 Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:03 am
Haha :)

Please try this;

1. start a new project.

Sequence 1:
Track 1: kick
Track 2: Snare
Track 3: hihat
Track 4: Bass

Sequence 2:
Track 1: kick
Track 2: Snare
Track 3: hihat
Track 4: Bass

Now, combine those two via song mode to a new sequence. The new sequence now play seq1 first and then seq2.