Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By idk973 Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:47 am
Hi everybody
Sorry if it's the wrong section.
i'm searching the breakbeat where i can find this particular snare heavily used by apollo brown and others.

Can the breaks experts help me ?

Salute
By richie Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:42 pm
While you're at it, ask for the 9th wonder snare. Complete the collection.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:28 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:
By idk973 Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:49 pm
If you dont wanna help dont answer.
37 yo far away of your clash culture wich seems to me pretty "youngster"

But thanks for that, it reminds me why i rarely post here.
By richie Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:20 pm
idk973 wrote:If you dont wanna help dont answer.

You could just send ApolloBrown a msg and ask him for a wav sample of the snare.

But I know you won't because deep down even you know that is herb shit to do.

Please don't stop posting as the plight of humanity rests in whether you post or not.
By saltmcgault Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:38 pm

I have almost all of Apollo Browns albums on vinyl. He's one of the best hip hop producers out there imo.I don't think he gets enough credit for the work he's put out there. I think one of the best parts on owning a sampler is the ability of finding your own drums. A lot of the first hits in old soul songs have really dope single shots of kick drums snares etc. You own a sampler so use it! If you are too lazy to dig...……..

https://hiphopdrumsamples.com/products/ ... the-cracks

There you go. I have them but I don't like using them. I'd rather find my own shit. Be creative and not an Apollo Brown 8.0
By idk973 Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:47 pm
i think apollo brown is one of the best too, that's not the point at all. and by the way it's not a apollo specific snare, since i'v gave the krhysys beat of sean price as an exemple wich got the same i guess.
it's not an excuse but i live in a part of the world wich doesn't have much vinyl 60/70's culture at all, very hard, quasi impossible to find any vinyls out there. we all know that a common breakbeat database exist and we all honestly already dig and listened and sampled thoses classics ( not gonna make the list impeach the president ,apache etc etc...) at this time with internet i've been able to listening a lot of breaks and i DO LOVE to find where do this beat seems to come from the same way i love find the original melodic sample of a track that i like.
my request is just to know if i missed a classic break or if it's a rare one.maybe it's a layered combinason absolutely impossible to retrieve (doubt it)

btw i've already bought dirts in the cracks wich i don't use either (and that snare isn't inside) for the same purposes...the difference is i can't dig a lot in my location.

sorry for my english btw
Last edited by idk973 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:19 pm
Ask the man himself, maybe he will share the information. Perhaps ask him, how he got the snare to sound like that. Instead of asking where he go the snare from. Nevertheless, it's not our place to say. Follow The Code!

https://twitter.com/ApolloBrown
https://www.instagram.com/apollobrown

idk973 wrote:i think apollo brown is one of the best too, that's not the point at all. and by the way it's not a apollo specific snare, since i'v gave the krhysys beat of sean price as an exemple wich got the same i guess.
it's not an excuse but i live in a part of the world wich doesn't have much vinyl 60/70's culture at all, very hard, quasi impossible to find any vinyls out there. we all know that a common breakbeat database exist and we all honestly already dig and listened and sampled thoses classics ( not gonna make the list impeach the president ,apache etc etc...) at this time with internet i've been able to listening a lot of breaks and i DO LOVE to find where do this beat seems to come from the same way i love find the original melodic sample of a track that i like.
my request is just to know if i missed a classic break or if it's a rare one.maybe it's a layered combinason absolutely impossible to retrieve (doubt it)
no need to be agressive like i've killed someone for just asking.

btw i've already bought dirts in the cracks wich i don't use either (and taht snare isn't inside) for the same purposes...the difference is i can't dig a lot in my location.

sorry for my english btw
By bees80 Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:46 pm

awww, i'm sorry mate. I'm also sorry to read that your older than me. Thanks for making me feel young :nod:

As a thank you, i got the snare you need. Download below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aiziw6hmiob5i ... 2.wav?dl=0