Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By demt Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:20 pm
erm this is the error message
"This version of windows is no longer supported by new Displaylink drivers ,please go to https://www.displaylink,com/downloads/windows to get the last driver available for this version of windows"
i have no idea witch version of windows they are refering to im running win 10 1909 home and windows confirmed there isnt a problem or upgrade available for it

at the displaylink site they dont seem to mention witch version is witch in the windows official manner and pot luck got me nowhere

they mentioned

Your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) may also provide software for your specific monitor, dock or adapter that differs from the DisplayLink releases. Please check their website for details.
Windows 10 S products using DisplayLink technology will get their device drivers either from OEM pre-installation or from Windows Update.

erm according to my english this means displaylink is contradicting itself

erm id appreciate sum help a lot
By demt Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:36 pm
Updating my problem. it should be solved with legacy drivers available at displaylink dating from the serial n.o on the back of the mpc touch ,does anybody know how to date the mpc touch by its serial n,o, ? yet the trouble is i wont be able to use mpc 2 ,this leads me to believe if i can find the date mpc 2 was released as well as a original version of mpc2. the touch screen should work. it should then b possible to move closer to the current version by reinstalling eatch update sequentialy from the date of the 1st version of mpc 2 .This method is necessery as windows akai and displaylink use diffrent methods of numbering and dating their software, any info on the necessery dates wellcome, thankyou in advance,
By Saiasan Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:50 am
I had the same problem yesterday.

To make it work again I had to completely uninstall the display link driver with the cleaner (http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=64) and then install the driver included in the last version of mpc prog I found on akai pro site 2.7.x...
By demt Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:33 pm
erm ive got a couple of options left but im not happy at how little feedback there is for so many complaints about the touch screen,so there mac users your in front these error messages appeared on the same install 1 for mpc2,7,2 and 1 for display link 8.3 m1
By demt Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:40 pm
First thankyou for your post regs" last version of mpc prog I found on akai pro site 2.7.x..." erm im not sure we get the drivers from the same resourcs as i carnt find a refrence needed to ensure im installing the correct display drive id luv to know witch version of displaylink drivers you are using as we both share the serial akai2,7,2 erm thats could i allso have the address of
" akai pro site 2.7.x..." as it seems thats where you got the right display driver, thankyou very mutch for repling to my posts im sorry about the time taken and i didnt c your post untill you pointed it out cheers
By Saiasan Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:19 pm
Hello the most important thing when dealing with display link problem is to completely uninstall the driver with the program linked above and then reboot.

The display link driver I installed is the one included with the latest version of MPC. It's version 2.7.2.

You can found it in your account on the akai pro website : https://www.akaipro.com/productregistration/customer/

Always install display link with mpc touch OFF then reboot, launch mpc prog and then turn mpc touch on. It should work. (for me it worked)
By demt Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:57 pm
great everything works except the touch screen even the error messages have ceased thank you, however i have a clue , under tools, lcd Window.... is grayed out, allso the touch screen used to work as a third monitor for the last couple of tries before salasans instruction it still doesnt, high ho all i need is the magick word. thanks for the help so far.