Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By PSSTSHH Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:19 am
Hello,

This may be a stupid question, but can I load a new project on my MPC (and purge the previous project) without turning it off and on again? When I play sets, I have just been turning it off and on again and loading new projects, while being creative with the noise in-between (tape decks, reverbs, loopers, delay pedals, a second sampler, etc.). One set that I played I even capitalized on the fact that turning the MPC off while it is sending MIDI to a synth causes the synth to hold the note(s) it was playing... Though this is all good fun, I am curious if I can purge and load projects without turning the machine off and on again. In the very least, I am concerned with wearing out the hardware by turning it off and on again so often, even just during normal workflow, and not necessarily during a set.

I suppose I can create a new project file that incorporates sequences and programs from all of the songs, but this route would tie me to a set list of tracks and I like to choose which track to play next on the fly. Also, some tracks utilize FX in different ways, which would be difficult to change on the fly (when possible).

I use JJOS 2xl 3.27, which appears to have some differences from the 2xl operations detailed in the manuals.
By Dystopian Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:41 pm
Err ... I have the same question. No answers yet huh?
By ooZee Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:47 am
try update ur jjos to 2.66
By PSSTSHH Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:38 am
ooZee wrote:try update ur jjos to 2.66

Are you talking about OS3 2.66?
By th@ n!?htcrawler Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:02 pm
not sure about your os version but, i've used multiple os versions and never had this problem, when you go to load a new program a screen pops up and says this will purge ram do you want to continue? this has been in every os ive used, so idk.