Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By cleansocks Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:09 am
Hi,

unknown to me, my Ion Max LP turns out is a Line in device which is why I can't get any clear sound to route to my Mpc 4000. I would use the Line In but I want to be able to keep my Korg volca plugged in for FX while sampling from the phono jack

problem is Max LP doesn't do phono (something about a built in a preamp I guess is the problem?) Anyways, I need a turntable that will work with the phono input jack and around $150 to 200. Anyone know of a good turntable to use with this?
By Scrawny Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:20 am
cleansocks wrote:Hi,

unknown to me, my Ion Max LP turns out is a Line in device which is why I can't get any clear sound to route to my Mpc 4000. I would use the Line In but I want to be able to keep my Korg volca plugged in for FX while sampling from the phono jack

problem is Max LP doesn't do phono (something about a built in a preamp I guess is the problem?) Anyways, I need a turntable that will work with the phono input jack and around $150 to 200. Anyone know of a good turntable to use with this?

If you are looking for suggestions on starter turntables, and already bought one you can't use, maybe you shouldn't spend that much money on a turntable. Just go down to your local thrift store and get a cheap used automatic turntable so you can sample. Should be good enuff.
By cleansocks Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:34 am
Scrawny wrote:

If you are looking for suggestions on starter turntables, and already bought one you can't use, maybe you shouldn't spend that much money on a turntable. Just go down to your local thrift store and get a cheap used automatic turntable so you can sample. Should be good enuff.

that's not a solution to my problem.

1. my entire state is in lockdown

2. I've had my mpc less than 3 months, the record player barely a month. I'm just hopping into this and you're already telling me to **** off? Thanks for nothing I guess
By cleansocks Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:38 am
Scrawny wrote:

To add, the entire **** point of the post was I don't know what goddamn **** model / type of player to use. Idk wtf Preamp or no preamp makes a **** difference to an RCA jack. You telling me to just go off and buy the first thing used thing I see is already exactly what i **** did. So I wouldnt be here then if that was such a good **** plan would I
By Scrawny Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:53 am
To add, the entire **** point of the post was I don't know what goddamn **** model / type of player to use. Idk wtf Preamp or no preamp makes a **** difference to an RCA jack. You telling me to just go off and buy the first thing used thing I see is already exactly what i **** did. So I wouldnt be here then if that was such a good **** plan would I

You gotta relax lol. I can see you bashing your MPC when your beat doesn't sound the way you want lol.

Use your common sense. If your entire state is on lockdown, look up "phono used turntable", and buy something like 30 euro. I told you to go to a thrift shop, because at every thrift store I go to, they sell old, cheap models.

1. The shit you bought goes for around 100 euro, as the minimum I found when I looked it up online, and
2. Every thift store I've been to just has cheap, old turntables, and they don't generally come with a built in preamp, and if they did, they would be at least somewhat more expensive than the others.

Also, perhaps a little research? A quick google search on some basic things before you go out and buy a bunch of expensive gear? Plus, you already have what you have, so I'd say just make use of it first. Learn how to use your MPC properly, and then invest more.

And can't you use your korg whatever to resample the outs of the MPC and apply effects to whatever you want that way? Be creative dog, to me, that's what hip-hop is all about. (assuming that's what you want to do)
By Lampdog Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:59 pm
cleansocks wrote:To add, the entire **** point of the post was I don't know what goddamn **** model / type of player to use. Idk wtf Preamp or no preamp makes a **** difference to an RCA jack. You telling me to just go off and buy the first thing used thing I see is already exactly what i **** did. So I wouldnt be here then if that was such a good **** plan would I

This is NOT how you inquire for help.