Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By biffco Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:35 pm
does anyone know how can i assign midi channels to tracks??? i want to control the mpc tracks from an external sequencer, and i cant find out how to assign in mpc midich1->mpc.track1, midich2->mpc.track2 etc... im always hearing the same track if i hit any key on the extrnal sequencer/keyboard on any channels...
By biffco Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:06 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Set track type from DRUM to MIDI and you should see the midi channel option

sorry we have misunderstanding...so what i want is to drive mpc track outside from a sequencer(not DAW)
so i would assign
mpc.track1->midich 1.
mpc.track2->midich 2.
etc...

so i could drive my mpc tracks independently on separate midi channels...
By vdd Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 pm
Hi, I have the same issue: I need to access different tracks from two keyboards to play live keygroup programs. Now, I have to select one track, but I am unable to access the second one. I think that is the same Problem. Any ideas?
By Nubian Mindz Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:52 pm
It's not possible guys. Sorry.

The MPC onlny responds to whatever track is active in the main screen. So, if you had track 2 showing on your MPC screen that is what your midi keyboard would be able to play. If you wanted to midi play another program you would have to scroll along until that program was showing on your screen and then you could play it.

Sorry but, after extensive testing, that's my findings so far.