Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Dok Thu May 14, 2020 7:47 am
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked but I couldn't find anything...

Is it possible to load correctly projects (created and saved with free jj os 3.13) with samples, programs and everything else on JJ OS XL (3.67) on a MPC2500?

I've been using free jj os for the last year and now I want to upgrade to JJ OS XL, but I don't want to lose all the projects I made...

Thank you for any answer :-D
(and sorry for bad english!)
By NearTao Thu May 14, 2020 12:24 pm
There will be some differences... so it *may* work... but there are things that changed...

Good news... is if you upgrade, you can still switch to JJOS 1 if you hold tap tempo down while powering up the 1k. So you *can* go back and it is not a big hassle.

Only thing I would suggest is to make folders for jjos1 and jjos2xl or jjos3, just so you know which OS to load when you feel the need.
By Dok Thu May 14, 2020 3:53 pm
Thank you for the fast reply!
I installed JJOS2XL and load a project made with free JJOS, it seems to work without issues. For the next beats I'm going to compose with JJOS2XL I'll make a new "main folder" as you suggested :-)

One last question: does the tap tempo "trick" also work for the 2500 or just for the 1k?

Thank you again for the help!