For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By ludwigoos Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 pm
Good day friends,

I'm having some issues with connecting my gear, so I figured i'd ask here. I obviously used the search function before hand, but i didn't really get the information I wanted.

My gear im trying to connect:
MPC2000XL with 8 outs (got enough guitar cables)
Dj Mixer with Phono Preamp
Behringer QX2222USB for my 8 outs
InterM M500 power amplifier
Speakers

The problem I'm having here with connecting my gear is the power amplifier, i dont really know where to put it. I just got the Behringer mixing console (for my 8 outs on my mpc to eq all my drums!! :smoker: ), so thats where I'm running into issues. Before, i would just connect the power amplifier into my main out of the dj mixer, the cables i used for that where rca to xlr cables. And then the speakers where connected with plain copper wire. The outs on this old InterM M500 amplifier are those screws where you tighten the wire into, to make a connection. I don't know if I have to connect the amplifier into the berhinger mixing console, or leave it attached to the dj mixer outs. But then again, how do i get the sound from my mpc, that goes into the mixing console into the speakers. Trying to wrap my head around this since days, it's such a big mess.
Sorry for my English, but I wouldn't know how to explain any better.

I hope someone can help me get out of this tangling mess :hmmm:

salute

ludwigoos

ps.: really appreciate this forum and it's people alot. PEACE
By peterpiper Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:09 pm
QX2222USB Control Room out to the M500
DJ Mixer OUT (what model do you have?) to LINE IN 9/10
MPC OUTs to QX2222USB CHANNEL 1-8
MPC REC IN to QX2222USB SUB1-2 OUT

When you want to sample Vinyl on the MPC you'll need to send the DJ Mixer to the SUB OUT (press SUB1-2 on CHANNEL 9/10)

peace

@Behringer and probably other brands: Is it really that hard or expensive to print a signal routing into the manual? C'mon son.
By Monotremata Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:26 pm
peterpiper wrote:@Behringer and probably other brands: Is it really that hard or expensive to print a signal routing into the manual? C'mon son.

They do, people just don't realize what they're for. I have the whole schematic printed in the manual for the old Behringer Eurodesk MX2442, and both of my Soundcraft LX7s have it.. Been ages since I owned a Mackie but Im pretty sure there was one in the manual for my 1402VLZ-2 as well..

Even my old ancient 80s Roland gear has it.. The routing for the SDE delays and SRV reverbs is silk screened right on top of the chassis.
By ludwigoos Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27 am
peterpiper wrote:QX2222USB Control Room out to the M500
DJ Mixer OUT (what model do you have?) to LINE IN 9/10
MPC OUTs to QX2222USB CHANNEL 1-8
MPC REC IN to QX2222USB SUB1-2 OUT

When you want to sample Vinyl on the MPC you'll need to send the DJ Mixer to the SUB OUT (press SUB1-2 on CHANNEL 9/10)

peace

@Behringer and probably other brands: Is it really that hard or expensive to print a signal routing into the manual? C'mon son.

Thank you so much peterpiper! I bought the mixer new, and it didnt come with instructions on whats what. Im a newbie so i really appreciate all your help my friends. Time to get busy yall!

Peace & thousand thanks