MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:01 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Ye you definitely need to revisit your mixing levels it’s a whole new world :) The closer your mix (pre-YA template loaded) to 0dB the squashier will be.If you want it more dynamic just peak your mix between -6db to -9dB (pre-YA template loaded).If we take this individually imagine for example your kick’s fader at -9dB to -12dB.
Just check every detail in the manual and you won’t regret it.Pure gold in it!?

THIS!!

I mixed to -10db.

Template needs that headroom to work it’s magic.
By Tabletop Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:45 am
I'm still skeptical, but awaiting the vid.
Lotta salesman talk going on, but I'm still interested :)
By BeatWilson Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:56 am
I was thinking about grabbing another mpc to play 2 at the same time, was curious about this template during live play with 2 mpcs. might be nice. what do you think?
By Yorgos Arabatzis Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:57 am
If money’s no issue for you then go for it!I use a Dave Smith Tempest going to Live and sounds amazing..Wish it had more inputs though so i could process Tempest’s sounds individually.
BeatWilson wrote:I was thinking about grabbing another mpc to play 2 at the same time, was curious about this template during live play with 2 mpcs. might be nice. what do you think?
By Yorgos Arabatzis Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:19 am
I gotta warn you though you won’t see much of what’s going on under the hood in the video.Just an A/B comparison between the master and unmastered passing through some audio analysis tools plus Lampdog’s signal path diagram.This is for obvious reasons..
Tabletop wrote:I'm still skeptical, but awaiting the vid.
Lotta salesman talk going on, but I'm still interested :)
By solrac Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:46 pm
Hey Yorgos, have just purchased this as I have zero knowledge (and little interest!) in the mastering process... So fingers crossed this will be a good investment :)

Quick question - is the idea here to load your template before starting to create the actual song, and so you mix into the template so to speak.

Or do you make the song first, and then apply the template?
By Lampdog Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:31 pm
From my old projects I saved

current sequence
current program
etc, all individually.

Make a copy of YA, work with the copy and not the original.

Loaded copied YA template, loaded my individual sequences, individual programs, individual etc. If you load a PRJ you will wipe out the template, so don’t load PRJ’s. Load individual’s one at a time and check that the template is still intact between every loading of anything.

Already mentioned, leave headroom or you’ll get squashed..
By Yorgos Arabatzis Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:35 pm
Yes you first load the template and inside it you load your sequences,programs,audio tracks and you mix/master your tracks in real-time that’s the coolest part!
First you need to read the manual in order to understand what’s going on.
Have fun & thanks for your support!
solrac wrote:Hey Yorgos, have just purchased this as I have zero knowledge (and little interest!) in the mastering process... So fingers crossed this will be a good investment :)

Quick question - is the idea here to load your template before starting to create the actual song, and so you mix into the template so to speak.

Or do you make the song first, and then apply the template?
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:51 pm
Finally it's here people...The first video of my Mastering Template doing a classic A/B comparison!
Now that i got the hang of it more videos will follow...Thank you all for your support and for being so patient with it!
Rgds
Yorgos

P.S
I've also uploaded the video to my site if you don't like the Youtube transcoding: https://www.yorgosarabatzis.space/
Also 1.0.4 update is close and will bring you some extra spatial goodies... :wink:
By Lampdog Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:42 pm
Good shit man.

Followed your lead from v1.0.3, I went into my Kronos2 (standalone) and applied some of the same techniques and it sounds really good.

Thanks.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:43 pm
Nice one man!Glad you’re using this to your advantage..It’s all about making things easier and more productive after all :-D
Lampdog wrote:Good **** man.

Followed your lead from v1.0.3, I went into my Kronos2 (standalone) and applied some of the same techniques and it sounds really good.

Thanks.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:44 pm
Second video coming right up people!
YA Mastering template in action processing externally DSI's legendary beast drum machine/Synth the "Tempest"..A machine famous for "it cannot be tamed..."..Well..You can now tame it with my template..:-)
You can check it out here:

and here...
https://www.yorgosarabatzis.space/demos

Make sure to subscribe so you won't miss any updates..
By vinylstyle Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:33 pm
YA, really nice template! I've been playing around with it and came up with a few small workflow tips for people using it.

1. You can save presets to the internal presets folder. These presets will be under a "User" folder in the preset list of each effect. This makes it a little easier to integrate into existing projects.
2. I set the output volume of the EQ effect on each band to -10. This way you can bypass all of the YA effects and mix with clipping indicators first. Then when you enable the YA effects, the 3 bands get turned down before they hit the rest of the effects. You also don't need to mix with as much headroom and you get more resolution on the faders for mixing.
3. You can relatively easily switch between mix and master by toggling mute for the three YA returns,toggling the output of the submix between 1/2 and 7/8, and toggling mute for the YA effects on the master.
4. You can mirror the submix setup for multiple submixes if you need to bus tracks or just need more insert effects on certain tracks.
By Lampdog Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:37 pm
I’ve done 1, 3, and 4. I’ve done similar to 2. I’ll revisit 2.
‘prechiate the info.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:50 pm
Thanks man appreciate it :-D
1 & 2 Nice one love it!
3.No need to mute.Just use submix output toggling between 1/2 - 7/8 and bypass YA Master FX :wink:
4.Can you elaborate on this?

vinylstyle wrote:YA, really nice template! I've been playing around with it and came up with a few small workflow tips for people using it.

1. You can save presets to the internal presets folder. These presets will be under a "User" folder in the preset list of each effect. This makes it a little easier to integrate into existing projects.
2. I set the output volume of the EQ effect on each band to -10. This way you can bypass all of the YA effects and mix with clipping indicators first. Then when you enable the YA effects, the 3 bands get turned down before they hit the rest of the effects. You also don't need to mix with as much headroom and you get more resolution on the faders for mixing.
3. You can relatively easily switch between mix and master by toggling mute for the three YA returns,toggling the output of the submix between 1/2 and 7/8, and toggling mute for the YA effects on the master.
4. You can mirror the submix setup for multiple submixes if you need to bus tracks or just need more insert effects on certain tracks.