Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

Vote for your favorite.

40%
60%
By Eyalc Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:24 pm
I liked both, but went with Danoc.

CD, yeah I think it was the build up for me too - would have been cool to hit hard with stronger part, then broke down to the build up.

But either way, good tracks from both of you.

And for what it's worth... kudos for the friendly banter and trash talk. That's battling folks.
By Danoc Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:18 pm
Thanks :worthy: Yeah it should be all fun. Just cause we beat battle don't mean we're enemies.
Eyalc wrote:I liked both, but went with Danoc.

CD, yeah I think it was the build up for me too - would have been cool to hit hard with stronger part, then broke down to the build up.

But either way, good tracks from both of you.

And for what it's worth... kudos for the friendly banter and trash talk. That's battling folks.
By Cockdiesel Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:14 pm
Thanks e. It was actually fun working on this. I really hope we can make it a weekly thing. Maybe the sample free belt or head to head champion.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:35 pm
Cockdiesel
Pro: Low end kick and snare is there. You have the hi hats down!
Con: Too much high frequency on the hi hats and the mix needs more space. This causes ear fatigue.

Danoc:
Pro: The instrument were lush and the mix was open.
Con: The drums weren't hard enough, needs that 808/909 and the bass needs to slap.

My vote is for DANOC because the sonic are more pleasing and melody is less repetitive. Danoc felt like a song for a female vocalist and Cockdiesel felt like it could be the background horror video game.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:57 pm
Danoc wrote:Thanks

If you would've put that bass and those drums upfront and add that 808 to rattle the trunk, people would go ham!
Edit: I meant to say, rattle the MPC LIVE 2 speakers. :lol:
By Cockdiesel Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:31 pm
Thanks for the feedback Charles. Tells me I’m atleast heading in the right direction mix wise. Hopefully I can get comfortable enough to work on my song writing more. As you know both are kind of weak spots,.

I agree about danocs drums, not all of them but a few of the midrange samples threw it off for me. It’s obviously not a game changer but if you wanted to nitpick.

So who out there gonna show Bobby brown some love and get this tied up for me?
By Danoc Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:10 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:Thanks

If you would've put that bass and those drums upfront and add that 808 to rattle the trunk, people would go ham!
Edit: I meant to say, rattle the MPC LIVE 2 speakers. :lol:

Awwwwh Dammm man you had to go there lol Leave those guys and their speaker alone :lol: I totally forgot about the MPC MKII :Sigh: :lol: lm having more fun battling than talking about the MKII
By Cockdiesel Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:26 am
Damn danoc, you got so many haters we cant even get 10 people to vote including ourselves. Even the people who voted for me didn't say anything, im starting to think no one feels my beat and were just voting against you. what did you do? I was gone for a minute.
By Danoc Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:54 am
Baaaam! And YOU RECOGNIZE THE TRUTH!

200 watchers you would think a dope vote should happen.

You mentioned HATERS! :lol: It fits the bill perfectly. Oh yes a lot of voting against me went down. Just cause they don't like me, the Last Battle with Menco it happened that way. Dudes voted against me cause they hate me. With no criteria on how to vote and give why they didn't like my track. It was all good l didn't care. Dudes be acting like you're standing right in front of them.

:lol: You aaskd what have l done? Nothing but to others it's something
Here's what l did:

1. I said f*** Akai and sold the mpc Live. I said Akai is playing games they don't support me so l won't support them. They are headed in a direction l don't like. I supported Akai a long time and lm grown l can say what l want. Nah dudes felt some type if way. Arguing goes diwn l get called out and l say LETS BATLLE! That makes the haters more angry. So when l battle a lot go against me. Bottom line some take it personal. I'll give you 2 examples.

1. Lumi/Frisby, said something to the effect l am online so much how is it l ever make music. WTF! For him to say that his ass must be online too. But the difference between he and l is, I have a freakin mile log catalog so l wanna hear some music from him.
He has none! He called me out so l called him out, lets battle! He doesn't cause he can't. Dude has all this equipment and can't produce one track! That's how Menco and l git into it. That's why Charles said it should of been me and Frisby.

2. I got into with Pk1 cause lm not taking Sh** from dude! So the boring back and forth went down so lm like lets battle. Im tired of the talking! No music either! I was kicked out the battles ok fine but when you talk crap about me and don't know what the hell you're talikng about l have a problem with that.
People inquired why was my track tooken down. I was this and that yada crap.
But what l didn't like he told someone the battl thread was here before l owned a MPC. WTF is he talking about?
Below it shows this place started in 2002 l bought my first MPC 2000 in 1999! 2001 l upgraded to the 2000XL up until 2012. .The redundant, blatant , asinine insanity from dude acting as though he known me and what l had was a testament of mental health issues. How can you say something like that and don't know that person. He can talk crap to others and they say nothing not me.
So that's the gist of it.

But here we just have fun battling with no drama. At least how l want it. Others can join have no problem with that.

Cockdiesel wrote:Damn danoc, you got so many haters we cant even get 10 people to vote including ourselves. Even the people who voted for me didn't say anything, im starting to think no one feels my beat and were just voting against you. what did you do? I was gone for a minute.
By Danoc Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:21 pm
NearTao wrote:Danoc... there is a fine line between Love and Hate... perhaps you are not giving enough love to some of the fish in the sea.

I think you got that love mixed up with KISSING ASS! Im not in the business of doing that. When a dude lie like that as if he knows me let him hate me.

Like Charles said handle it in a beat battle. Show all that anger in your music. That's all. But its all good Tao. You're cool with me. CD asked and l gave him the run down. I basically let it go.
By Danoc Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:31 pm
NearTao wrote:I forgot my sarcasm tag lol...

Lmao :lol: you play to much lol :lol: