Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By mouglie Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:35 pm
I was looking to buy the Mpc One .. but then i got a look at the force since it is now at a good price and i really like the extra pads to play melodies with.

But can i do the same chopping and sample manipulation as on the Mpc One and as fast? As what i really want to do it load in sampled instruments, chop up samples, choose their loop mode and set pitch of each sample individually and other functions that normally can be done when chopping samples on an MPC. So does this have the same functionallity or only parts of it?

And do you guys think its not going to get updated anymore and are just gonna be left for dead? .. As then it would seem like a better idea just to go for the Mpc One... .. i felt it was a bit concerning that on the Akai front page there is no mentioning of the force anywhere... yes there is a menu for it, but its not really advetised on the front page anywhere. And with the lack of updates for the song mode that was already talked about almost half a year ago... its all starting to seem a bit fishy on that front.
By NearTao Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:39 pm
I hope the Force is just dormant for a bit... and not dead. It does have some features I would like to see drop on the MPC line though!

Chopping on the MPC is much better for a few reasons... but I would hope that Akai will port some of the more obvious MPC chopping workflow components to the Force. I mean it looks like just about the same engine after all, and has some baffling omissions in the Force workflow. :(
By SuperKonquer Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:49 pm
Force is not dead and has a more advanced firmware/sequencer and sample playing ability than the current mpcs because of independent playheads per clip/pattern and better User Interface button functions. The only thing It cant do by purposeful omission is lazy chop.It's been enough ruckus abut it not having lazy chopping that they may not omit it from a future version. Also has no song mode mode except the arranger in beta. But Akai was clear that the roadmap On the Force continues..albeit very slowly.
By mouglie Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:17 pm
thanks people ... i decided to get it :) .. i hope there will come an update in time .. but so far there is a lot to get used to with a new unit .. so now i have some time to learn all the basic functions first :)
By Unreallystic Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:47 pm
It looks dead because it hasn't gotten strong updates - especially compared to its MPC brothers & sisters. It also doesn't have the YT popularity or history to keep its name "ringing"...so it "looks" dead, with that said, the yare still working on an update, and apparently what they have been working on is a HUGE update - not small steps, but large revitalizing steps. I'm sure if you snoop around using terms like "Akai Force Beta Testing", you'll be pleasantly surprised with what you see.
- Unreall
By theanimalcj Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:06 pm
mouglie wrote:I was looking to buy the Mpc One .. but then i got a look at the force since it is now at a good price and i really like the extra pads to play melodies with.

But can i do the same chopping and sample manipulation as on the Mpc One and as fast? As what i really want to do it load in sampled instruments, chop up samples, choose their loop mode and set pitch of each sample individually and other functions that normally can be done when chopping samples on an MPC. So does this have the same functionallity or only parts of it?

And do you guys think its not going to get updated anymore and are just gonna be left for dead? .. As then it would seem like a better idea just to go for the Mpc One... .. i felt it was a bit concerning that on the Akai front page there is no mentioning of the force anywhere... yes there is a menu for it, but its not really advetised on the front page anywhere. And with the lack of updates for the song mode that was already talked about almost half a year ago... its all starting to seem a bit fishy on that front.

I'm here to check what people think of the force. Like the extra pads myself.
By Elohimfetus Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:16 pm
Good job thinking for yourselves! Force is a great machine. There are extreme hater's out there. Someone asked about the Extra Pads...I'm glad to have them. I put my midi keyboard away and I can still create with chords and melodies. I'm an Ableton user so the lay out of the system is just BETTER in my opinion. I'm also an MPC user. I had an MPC 200XL and I still have an MPC Studio which is in the drawer right now.

Most people want to see an arranger and that is on the way.
I'm more interested in it reading midi files and the ability to use external audio interfaces for more I/O. I can also hook up a mixer for routing and external processing without using a PC.

One project I worked on was somehow corrupted...this happened only once since I've owned it (Feb 2019).
By robleighton22 Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:11 pm
I personally don't see the benefit of both. It would be more efficient to have a controller for either pads or step sequencing (e.g. launchpad pro). Having had an MPC live and now a Force, I prefer the Force for most aspects. I'm not a finger drummer, and for jamming I find the 64 pads better, and their quality is great. For OS, Force is less clunky in operation for the most part...and I prefer building scenes over sequences as there is more visibility and tracks per scene have a 1:1 relationship. MPC had a few additional features, like exploding drum programs, which I do miss. That's prob it tho.

That being said, I hope they align the OS for both systems...the different releases are just retarded. They are very similar apart from the performance aspect, no reason the MPC and Force shouldnt have the same software features except Note mode and Pad Perform.