Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

29%
57%
14%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:51 am
It's time to crown this weeks winner...... again :smoker:

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 day, can the winner please send me or PK1
ONE sample/rules on Friday for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

ccastillo123

dez perado

NearTao

Good luck :smoker:
By ccastillo123 Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:11 pm
Dez: Like the strings and drum programming.

NearTao: Fun beat! Has a “Flip Fantasia” feel to it.

Really impressive how you guys manipulate sound and I enjoyed listening to both. But voted for NearTao. :nod: :worthy:
By NearTao Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:29 pm
Castillo: I like the track, but it feels like there is too much wow/flutter. I like the effect, but it didn't feel consistent, if that makes any sense?

Dez Nyce: The textures going on are great, really dig the vibe too... super dark

Listening to mine... I don't like the vocals/chops... oof. What was I thinking earlier this week? lol
By peterpiper Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:29 pm
I went with dez track. Kind of creepy. Fits to my mood :)

Castillo: That track has much potential IMO but to me it sounds like there is something missing. I can imagine a nice bassline that would fill the space.
NearTao: yeah, funny track and crazy vocals :) But I like it. Nice drums (I like snarerolls). I wonder why you don't like the chops.

I totally overlooked the 'Any outside sounds allowed, but must be sampled through a microphone by you at some point in the process' rule and didn't had the motivation to rerecord the drums thru my speakers (I regret that cause I like my chops) so.....next time.

peace
By peterpiper Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:50 pm
Ok, not really mixed and arranged but I like the vibe (easy, summer etc) . Everything bside the drums is from 'so what'. I just had the idea of adding another sample (not in there yet) from Eleanor Rigby cause if you listen to the 'high' horn at the end it kinda play the melody of 'where doooo they all belong' :)

peace
By biomaskin Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:06 am
Carlos:
A very nice and proper Dilla feel to these drums, both sound and swing. The pattern could do with some more change-ups though, like small double hits on the kick and snare.. I liked the effects you put on top, and wished you did even more with that! Also, the sample flip is cool but could use some variations as well.

Dez:
Loving the fully destroyed lofi sound, the drum sounds compliment it perfectly and the pitched up string sounding thing makes me think of Wu-Tang - which I really like. The change-up feels a bit disjointed though, but I think the main loop is very dope.

Tao:
Wow, this was different! I like the way you chopped the break, and the sound of everything reminds me of 90s UK drum & bass - that's awesome! The way you flipped the sample did seem a bit random, little bit messy. I like it though, but it's way too short!

My vote goes to Dez, I liked his beat the most and I think he made the clearest vibe of the 3.
By NearTao Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:02 am
Thanks bio... it's a totally fair criticism. I only had about 30 or so minutes free, so I scrambled to just put something together. It came out alright, but it could have used a bit more time and care :D
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:49 pm
Dope work everyone but Dez got my vote for the Wu Tang vibes this week