60%
N/A
40%
N/A
N/A
N/A
By Danoc Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:26 am
Yo Bees yeah come on in. Just don't steal my votes :lol:

Oh the Bob Marley challenge is over. Eyalc won that one.

Come on in put those chops together and take the challenge.

Peace

bees80 wrote:i'm in too :)

Ps. wanted to check the submissions from the bob marley challenge, but in the thread only a few are there, there are some missing.. any chance?
By Eyalc Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:54 pm
Man, while y’all out looking for the perfect beat, I’m in the computer age, building my electric kingdom, hollerin jam on it and trying to warn y’all not to let this pack jam sting you like a Scorpio when I play that beat, and have y’all feeling like a space cowboy sitting by yourself on a cold Siberian night.

Yeah bruh, it’s like that. LOL

One week left y’all.

Reminder folks... this isn’t beat battle. This is about who creates the best production. Song structure, flow, vibe, etc... Doesn’t have to be a full song. But if that’s what you’re going for, that’s fine too. Looking forward to hearing submissions. And really looking forward to getting some feedback on mine. I’ve never created a song in this genre / from this era before, so struggled a bit to figure out how to make a unique production and not just sound like a copycat. Lol
By Danoc Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:21 pm
:shock: Yo E what the hell was that? Is that Funk poem? Haha :lol:

Yo l finished last nite. Then watched IP Man 3, that joint is a dope movie. Mike Tyson did a great job acting. Gotta get 4 now.

We have 4 minutes so l did my funk voodoo on it. Mixed, effects, arranged all those goodies that the Electro Funk goes when vibing WITH THE FORCE! :nod: :mrgreen:

Eyalc wrote:Man, while y’all out looking for the perfect beat, I’m in the computer age, building my electric kingdom, hollerin jam on it and trying to warn y’all not to let this pack jam sting you like a Scorpio when I play that beat, and have y’all feeling like a space cowboy sitting by yourself on a cold Siberian night.

Yeah bruh, it’s like that. LOL
By bees80 Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:05 am
Eyalc wrote:
Reminder folks... this isn’t beat battle. This is about who creates the best production. Song structure, flow, vibe, etc... Doesn’t have to be a full song. But if that’s what you’re going for, that’s fine too. Looking forward to hearing submissions. And really looking forward to getting some feedback on mine. I’ve never created a song in this genre / from this era before, so struggled a bit to figure out how to make a unique production and not just sound like a copycat. Lol

potatoes tomatoes onions funions, it's all competition :lol:

Hope you are strapped my man. I expect at least a vocoder on ALL tracks!
By Danoc Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:33 am
bees80 wrote:potatoes tomatoes onions funions, it's all competition :lol:

I expect at least a vocoder on ALL tracks!

:lol: :mrgreen: :!:
By CharlesRandolph Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:14 am
Here are the guidelines for those entering.

Genre: Electric / Electro Funk
Deadline: August 14th, Friday, Noon EST / 9am PST.
No genre changes.
Must fit clearly in that era. (Electro Funk Era)
808 is expected, but not trap style.
No sampling.
Judged based on who created the best track overall.

Submissions must sound like they belong on the classic Electric Funk CD volumes:
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Street-Jams-Electric-Funk-Parts-1-4/release/184399
By NearTao Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:54 am
Yoooo...

I took the weekend off from my usual music making... packing stuff up, shipping stuff off to family, selling stuff off. Just trying to keep to some level of clean leaving.

In my madness I freakin' realized that I sent the SD card with my project to my brother in law. I am such a nut job. He's got the card, and I'm pestering him to send me the files over so I can grab the master. I literally cannot believe that I did that. I absolutely thought the files were saved on my internal drive. *sigh*...

On the flip side, I've spent the last two hours putting something new together, and honestly, I think I like it more than the project I spent a week working on. Maybe I can mix the two tracks together for the laughs.

Hope you other guys are killing it... I suspect I am just treading water at this point! Anyways... I'm getting back to it and get myself together.