Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By saltmcgault Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:27 pm
64hz wrote:Shame really, would be interesting to read what he thinks needs to be done but from a manufacturer point of view I can understand you don't want a high profile artists words taken out of context. I'm sure they are listening to him and other beta testers. Still hoping for a screenshot of his points. :nod:

I hit isla instruments page a couple of times a day just to check out any new updates or videos.So far from what I've heard/seen the S2400 is SOLID. It sucks that I missed that post.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:18 pm
Isla is doing it right by going directly to the people and treating the end user like a client, a partner, and not a customer. They understand who the core users are and proceed in the right manner. Make one machine so everyone who uses it, have the same shared experience. This is what leads to third party add on, new techniques, loyal userbase, and genuine excitement for the machine.
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tabletop Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:21 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Isla is doing it right by going directly to the people and treating the end user like a client, a partner, and not a customer. They understand who the core users are and proceed in the right manner. Make one machine so everyone who uses it, have the same shared experience. This is what leads to third party add on, new techniques, loyal userbase, and genuine excitement for the machine.

Gotta agree. Multiple devices on the same platform may seem like a good idea... In reality its causing gear lust, gear envy, gear overlap, gear remorse & gear frustration. It really grinds my gears :lol:
By fooddude Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:52 pm
Been following this project the whole time since its' beginning... I done finally ordered this yesterday.

Been out of music making and haven't even touched my machines since 2016. Haven't bought any gear in 8+ years iirc. But, the passion into this machine has inspired me. Also, like most, finally have that SP dream and sound!

Inspired me so much, that I finally turned on my machines last weekend... just to find my MPC60 now has a couple unresponsive tact-switches. So, I am DeOxit'ing those now (and also retro-brightening the yellow buttons...might as well while it's apart).

Also, fully disassembled my entire JV80 keyboard controller too, to also DeOxit its' tact switches (which has always been finicky; but I always worked around that) and also finally remove its' "red glue from hell," which I've been procrastinating doing for many years, lol (since it's a lot of work and no one wants to fully disassemble a kybd).

But yeah... it's inspiring. For me, it turned into reconditioning, repairing, restoring my MPC60 and JV after a long +4 year break from music, lol. (I hope my other gear is fine tho... really don't feel like disassembling more things)
By CharlesRandolph Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:46 pm
Tabletop wrote:
Gotta agree. Multiple devices on the same platform may seem like a good idea... In reality its causing gear lust, gear envy, gear overlap, gear remorse & gear frustration. It really grinds my gears :lol:

I'm always a fan of back up machines, you know just in case one goes down. But eventually the lack of space and money will always win. Now, for collectors I understand, because they're goal is to collect. :nod: I'm not really a fan of the SP work flow, but I want to see him succeed, and I have pre order for it.
By chino Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:53 pm
Lampdog wrote::arrow: Pic is a link

@Lamp THANKS for posting this! I was fortunate enough to be able to read it before it went private. Its a beta so I expected there to be areas were the unit needs improvement. If everything that Just Blaze mentioned is improved on, then the s2400 will be a beast! So far, I like all the demos & the workflow seems VERY user friendly. :nod:
By Lampdog Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:57 pm
Yep, I honestly believe it will be a beast. It’s still in beta so of course there are things to iron out, that’s very understandable.
By fobedafied Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:30 pm
mr_debauch wrote:no talk of the price going up 50% ?

2 months later than originally announced.

preorder was such a STEAL! not to mention the Feds basicly gave it to you with what that genius Oddisee would call "Trump money". if i were to have said that we'd DEFINITELY have at least one libmelt on our hands up in here. LOL you gots to flex yo priv somehow. :wink: :lol: :nod: :smoker: