Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By BuleriaChk Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:26 pm
Maschine+ does, (and now supports clips); I really like the 64 pads with force, but for that I can use Launchpad if I have to. I returned my force because of the 3/4 issue, but may reconsider. Still, bringing a laptop and Maschine Jam (or a Launchpad) isn't all that difficult.... :)
By BuleriaChk Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:09 pm
If not, one can't import projects created in 3/4 on MPC Live, much less Ableton Live.
More troubling, the representation of the Force as a complete DAW is fraudulent, since if true, Akai doesn't mention this fundamental gotcha in its advertising literature.

If it does, my (sort of) apologies to Akai, with the caveat that triple meter (and other) time signatures should have been implemented in Farce from day one.
By BuleriaChk Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:01 pm
I know the MPC program has time signature, as does the MPC Live, so I suspect the MPC One has ts as well.
(Forget the older MPC's; but almost all the older rhythm boxes allowed a step length of 12 (or 9, 7, or 5 :)

But if the Farce is omitting such very, very basic functionality, then it remains an Idiot Box for me...., and any supposed compatibility with Ableton Live is fraudulent if not mentioned in the documentation, never mind the hype .....
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:24 pm
The last I've heard is the force is at 4/4, however that may have changed. I don't own a Force so perhaps someone who does will chime in. The main issue I find with modern MPC time signature, is easily being able to changing them. They need a simple way to change the T.S, like on the MPC 4000. without having to insert a bar.
By IGGI Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:40 pm
The Force is actually capable of various time signatures. Just set the clip to 1.5 measures then record your 3/4 or 6/8 beat. The only thing which is restricted to 4/4 is the metronome.

For different signatures like 7/8 it obviously gets more complicated but it certainly is possible.