Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Jennifer G Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:37 pm
Just got my MPC One a few days ago -- it's my first MPC ever; so excited!

Started sampling yesterday. I really like the kicks the "Korg Electribe R" iPhone App puts out on my iPad. I recorded 32 samples of kicks and normalized them as well as trimmed them. I made sure to adjust input volume appropriately on sampler to make sure they didn't clip (or get any distortion).

I didn't change the tuning of them on the application, nor the sample nor drum program. I'll let you adjust to your liking.

They are in no particular order on the pads, I just assigned them as I sampled them.

Most of the Template bank in the app was sampled, then a few select others from various songs.

Let me know what ya think, how it sounds, and if I did things correctly.

I setup Banks A and B with the samples in the program, and assigned them all red color to pads.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N2YOoi ... sp=sharing
By NearTao Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:00 pm
Good job sampling and sharing.

I might suggest recording out kick/snare/hat/... that you like together in one take, then normalizing, and chopping. Normalizing kicks tends to work well, but you'll find that normalizing higher frequency content is likely to be loud as heck, and then you need to drop the volume down because otherwise it will overwhelm everything else you record.
By Jennifer G Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:12 am
Thank you for that tip NearTao. I'll think about that next time I sample a drum kit.

Wishing I had a Korg Volca Kick to sample :). Would be nice to have like 32 or even 64 or 128 of those kicks :)