MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Johnny Beats Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:08 am
Hello
I have a mix that I want to export as separate tracks and finish mixing it in Reaper.
I have my drums on a bus in the the MPC software.
My question is if when I explode the tracks will the separate tracks be effected by the plugins that are on the bus?

By The Ken Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:08 pm
Yes? If that's what you want.

Are you asking for directions on how to achieve this?
By Johnny Beats Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:43 pm
Yes I would like an explanation for the best way to export a sequence with bus and return to separate tracks in Reaper. :-D
I exported my beat hoping the MPC 60 effect that I used on my drum bus would translate to the separate drum tracks.
I checked the explode to tracks and when I opened them in reaper for some reason the kick that was at -6db in the mpc software is now at -7.5db in reaper. I was wondering if I did something wrong.
By Lampdog Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:11 pm
Audio Mixdown, OS 2.8 manual, pg 110.
By The Ken Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:09 am
Johnny Beats wrote:Yes I would like an explanation for the best way to export a sequence with bus and return to separate tracks in Reaper. :-D

The best way is up to you. It depends on what kind of "bus" you are using. Program, Return, and Submix are all going to have different mixdown settings. Since i don't know what bus your drums rest on, or your effects, I suggest testing it out with trial and error and a 1 bar sequence.

two examples:

You have a program for drum one shots and two other programs for drum clips. You have a Delay plugin on Return 1.

You have 16 pads of drums in a single program. You have a Reverb plugin as an insert for that drum program.

In both examples you can export individual tracks for each of your drums with the FX applied. But the options you check in the Audio Mixdown menu are going to be different. You may also want mixdowns of both the dry and wet signals. Depending on how your buses are set up, you may have to do two or more "mixdowns" to export all of the tracks you want.

The Audio Mixdown section might be on pg. 118 of the manual you have btw.