Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By chino Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:02 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote: ISLA went directly to the people who wanted this, so the community is standing behind the machine. They're not being marketed to, talked down to, or made to feel disposable.

This is one of the main reasons I pre-ordered the s2400. I'd rather support someone that is extremely passionate about their product rather than a company that only cares about $$$!! :nod:
By fooddude Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:35 pm
Bombbeats4000 wrote:That display is really small and will send most people back in time about 20 year or so

Sounds like you prefer DAW or a modern, feature-packed MPC/Maschine/etc. more. That's great. But, many of us prefer simplicity, focusing on the music and intuitive hardware... without heavy usage of a screen, 10,000+ features nor a convoluted sequencer/workflow.

My main-sequencer is an outdated MPC60... and like most people that use the older MPCs and SPs, I edit inside it very quickly by muscle-memory of the button presses and scroll-wheel, without/hardly looking at the screen.

If you don't have experience with this aforesaid muscle-memory of an old sequencer... then think of it like your old remote-control to your TV... I'm pretty sure you/most of us can operate the remote without even looking at it. It is the same way with a simpler, "vintage," hardware sequencer. The old, "vintage," simple machine becomes an extension of your body - you can operate it without thinking. And it's really a great thing.

As for "boom bap" ...Have no idea that was even a catchy phrase or trendy genre these days. I just called it hiphop.
I'm not interested in making "boom bap." I love the beats and all, and there's been some super great underground hiphop from the mid-'90s to present... but it'll never sound the same as the '80s-'90s without those same '80s-'90s MCs... just imo. They just had a fun, or projects hard, or loose vibe that can never be emulated again, imo.

I make simple house and dance music... and the S2400 will be used for that.... when I feel like making it again, lol.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:01 pm
chino wrote:This is one of the main reasons I pre-ordered the s2400. I'd rather support someone that is extremely passionate about their product rather than a company that only cares about $$$!! :nod:

100% He knows what he's doing and has a love for it. So pay the man his money!
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:45 pm
fooddude wrote:
As for "boom bap" ...Have no idea that was even a catchy phrase or trendy genre these days. I just called it hiphop.
I'm not interested in making "boom bap." I love the beats and all, and there's been some super great underground hiphop from the mid-'90s to present... but it'll never sound the same as the '80s-'90s without those same '80s-'90s MCs... just imo. They just had a fun, or projects hard, or loose vibe that can never be emulated again, imo.

I make simple house and dance music... and the S2400 will be used for that.... when I feel like making it again, lol.

I think Boom Bap is a better descriptions for a particular style of the music. I like it more than Disco Rap, Rap Music, or Low Fi. :lol:

Video of Ski, notice the word he used to describe the beat. :nod:
By CharlesRandolph Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:18 am
Dual Audio Engine: 12-Bit/26.04khz Lo-Fi Engine (Classic SP Sound) and 24-Bit/48khz Hi-Fi Engine. This was done over a year ago and it was 99% there and in a blind test no one would know the difference. Brad and his team put lots of effort into this machine and he knows what he's doing. Go to they're ISLA Youtube channel, watch the past videos and you'll hear it and see it for yourself.

By Fre$hBreath Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:48 pm
Someone told me that's it's likely they will be shipping at the end of the November. I hope this is true, but I see no posts on Facebook or YouTube confirming this anyone heard such news? It would be nice to have the S2400 before the New Year...
By saltmcgault Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:54 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if the 500 units that were shipped 2 weeks ago are still sitting in customs. I bought a record from Italy back in May and it took 3 months for it to be delivered. I'm also currently waiting on one from Germany that was "shipped" mid September and it still hasn't hit the states yet. I hope this isn't the case for Islainstruments.
By Menco Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:50 pm
My girlfriend runs a webshop. She’s been complaining (and gets a lot of complaints) about the shipping to the US from EU since the Rona. Packages take an awfully long time to arrive.