Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By QuentinB Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:12 pm
Looks like loopmasters has some nice sounding Oyster pearl drum samples, but they only have them at 24 bit. That's kind of annoying lol they do have a Reason expansion in that pack though so I guess I could just load up Reason rack into the MPC software on windows and do the program trick from the MPC bible :smoker:
By QuentinB Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:52 am
I’m on Windows but I bet I could use media encoder for that too, from Adobe. Might pick those up and give it a try.
By QuentinB Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:39 pm
Yup, Adobe media encoder worked well. Now I just gotta make a kit using the multisamples.
By Lampdog Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:52 pm
Have you ever tried any of MPC Tutor’s sounds?
By QuentinB Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:07 pm
Lampdog wrote:Have you ever tried any of MPC Tutor’s sounds?

Yup! I own a lot of the expansion packs from MPC Tutor actually. But I'm trying to setup a certain kind of drum program just for fingerdrum practicing to get into the groove of sounding close to a real drummer. Following along with a course on Quest for groove as far as technique is concerned. lmao long winded way of me saying I wanted some pieces of a drum kit that don't necessarily sound the way I'd like them to when played like that.

Plus it's just always nice to have a wider pool to select from and manipulate :)
By Lampdog Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:26 am
Completely understand, I was just asking, you didn’t detail all of that at the beginning, I didn’t know.
By QuentinB Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:37 am
It’s all good! Was just sharing a bit more backstory :)

Been messing around with layering samples on one pad, setting the pad to Ran really helps to get some nice tone variation on something like a high hat.
By Lampdog Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:14 am
MPC standalone manual, v2.8, pg, 45.

Velocity filter mod on a pad, one sample.

Soft hit - low pass filter.
Hard hit - no filter.
By QuentinB Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:08 pm
Lampdog wrote:MPC standalone manual, v2.8, pg, 45.

Velocity filter mod on a pad, one sample.

Soft hit - low pass filter.
Hard hit - no filter.

Factssss. That's the type of stuff I need to start doing more of, Filter mods, Returns & Sends with the qlinks. So far I haven't done much of that but I'm missing out on some cool possibilities.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:57 pm
QuentinB wrote:Following along with a course on Quest for groove as far as technique is concerned.

I like his stuff, the vertical layout he uses has been working well for me, I've adapted it a little but it's definitely nice to play the kick-snare-closed hat all with one hand and use the right to play the ghosts, rolls and open hats etc.
By QuentinB Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:52 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
QuentinB wrote:Following along with a course on Quest for groove as far as technique is concerned.

I like his stuff, the vertical layout he uses has been working well for me, I've adapted it a little but it's definitely nice to play the kick-snare-closed hat all with one hand and use the right to play the ghosts, rolls and open hats etc.

Right? His layout really helped move me along in development. I'm still trying to find the right sensitivity for the pads and the right angle/height for my mpc one in order to get the best groove going. Looking forward to trying some of the more advance classes he has up.