Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Microfono1 Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:13 am
Hey, i just got myself an mpc 500, i love it and i can’t wait to use it. I come from maschine environment where all my samples are at 24 bits and the mpc it’s 16 bits. How do you guys convert your sample rate? I installed mpc maid but i need to convert them first to 16 bits. I know i could sample one by one from my sound card but is there any other way around it or am i just doing wrong?? lol still need help tho
By peterpiper Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:00 pm
On Windows you can take a look at Wavosaur. It has a batch processor.
TOOLS -> BATCH PROCESSOR -> Choose the folder with the 24 bit files -> Choose a destination folder -> Choose 'Convert to 16bit' -> hit START

peace
By peterpiper Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:10 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Audacity, the free app. Rated PG.

Want to give him a hard time? :lol:

Audacity is nice but to me it seem that the devs thought about masochists while programming the user interface.

oceanaudio is a very nice audio editor too. It doesn't have a specific batch processor but you can load x audiofiles into it, convert the bitdepth of one of these files (Effects -> Specials -> Apply Quantisation -> 16bit Linear PCM), rightclick in the fileselectorbar and choose 'Select All', rightclick again and choose 'Repeat Quantisation on all selected files', rightclick again and 'save all files'.

Yeah it's manually but not that many clicks.

peace
By Ill-Green Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:41 am
peterpiper wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Audacity, the free app. Rated PG.

Want to give him a hard time? :lol:

Audacity is nice but to me it seem that the devs thought about masochists while programming the user interface.

oceanaudio is a very nice audio editor too. It doesn't have a specific batch processor but you can load x audiofiles into it, convert the bitdepth of one of these files (Effects -> Specials -> Apply Quantisation -> 16bit Linear PCM), rightclick in the fileselectorbar and choose 'Select All', rightclick again and choose 'Repeat Quantisation on all selected files', rightclick again and 'save all files'.

Yeah it's manually but not that many clicks.

peace

Audacity came free with a music video software by Magix years ago. It was pretty basic from what I remember. It had options to bit and frequency converting, mainly the usual mp3, wav formats. Probably was "lite" version for the A/V app (2 track recording but unlimited overdubbing).

Brother, let me tell you, I just been sampling straight in. I don't hassle with the computer except for taking advantage of the headphone out and feeding the sampler. :nod: :mrgreen:

I got a good system though and I can record onto micro SD cards to upload music to my android to the internet. Thats as savory I can get :oops: