Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By NearTao Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:35 am
If you are new to the MPC workflow I might suggest waiting and just dig into the MPC first. It does give more info and helps you be a bit more productive. Not a game changer... but more of a quality of life help.

It is a fun project though... and if you need to repair tact switches, replace pads, etc... it is a good time to do that upgrade as well while you are in there.
By Zedisded Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:35 pm
It really depends on what you are using your MPC for. If you are doing all your sequencing for your song its really great for TR EDIT etc. But if youre just making beats and loops then the standard screen is fine imo. Its well made though and worth the money when you consider that they cant really have a massive market for it. My only bug bear is it is BRIGHT and theres no way to dim it.
By saltmcgault Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:20 pm
ConanB wrote:Would you recommend?

Do it. I had the xlcd screen for the 2500 and it was worth it. I've used my friends 1000 plenty of times and being hunched over looking at a flat screen gets old real quick.
By saltmcgault Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:29 pm
ConanB wrote:I'm amazed there's no brightness adjustment! That seems mad

It is bright, but you can flip the colors of the screen if it bothers you that much. You can get to that option by hitting mode button > pad 10 "other".