Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By mr_debauch Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:47 pm
NearTao wrote:+1 ... though you missed the most important question... "where is the d-beam" :lol:

that is right
By Lampdog Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:57 pm

By DokBrown Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:10 pm
Lampdog wrote:Image

THE PIONEER has a real screen; this new MV is a downgrade
That screen sux - Where is the VGA/HDMI output ????
Last edited by DokBrown on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DokBrown Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:12 pm
I had my MV for a couple of years before I got my current MPC LIVE.
Let me confirm that the roland MV was a beast. If roland had updated the mv8800 into a more portable unit with an SD card, I may have NOT returned to AKAI land.

THIS UNIT IS NOT AN MV.
I respect AIRA users who want “MPC like” capabilities but this unit is not for MPC / MV users.
I actually favor the new MC with the sliders over this ½ cooked PIONEER TORAIZ rip off

https://www.roland.com/us/products/mc-707/
By Lampdog Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:46 pm
I haven't played with the 707 but I liked the look of it and read some of the manual out of interest.

I'd choose 707 over Verselab also. I never had an MV but I've heard good things about it since forever ago. These days to release something with a screen that limited is a backwards step imo. On premium gear most consumers have graduated past that point long time ago I'd think.

Maybe Roland was trying to use/get rid of inventoried old screens to keep costs low? idk.
By Lampdog Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:15 am
You’d figure after ALL these years Roland would have heard customers asking for another MV.
Roland should maybe have made an MV9000 instead of a WorseDrab.

jk.

idk.
By mr_debauch Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:50 am
they always knew about the idea of an MV-9000. In fact mike acosta even tried to convince roland that they should do it but they told him it was not happening. Roland is famous for avoiding gear people are asking for.... instead they put out stuff nobody wanted and it is as if they rather always have first time roland owners over return customers. They have done that time after time... you love the mc-909? well here is it's new replacement: the mc-808. You want a new analog roland machine... here is the tr8, the machine where you gotta pay extra for the tr-707 sounds. The only thing they seem to come correct with these days are those printers that take 4 foot wide paper.
By Lampdog Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:54 pm
:lol: :lol:
By NearTao Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 pm
mr_debauch wrote:The only thing they seem to come correct with these days are those printers that take 4 foot wide paper.

But don't ask for any new features cuz.
By terry towelling Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:40 am
Roland have the mc707, it's a great bit of gear with sampler, sequencer, synths and song arranger. it's a worthy successor to the MV. not that the MV needs a successor. If you want an MV, you can easily buy one.

so why have they put out the MV1, which seems like a bad version the mc707?

as to Roland not putting out gear that people want...you got to be kidding? their gear is probably the most used of any electronic music manufacturer, by a long shot.
By Ill-Green Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:23 am
I'm guessing there will be an MV-909 someday down the line to compete with Akai and NI.

5 years ago, I would've been stoke even in its present form to buy it but now that train has passed. It just looks like a cheap China knockoff of the Toraiz you find in toy sections of Walgreens.

I do remember Mike Acosta revealing that he did tested the MV9000 at Roland Japan back in 2010. He described it as being dumbed down as a groove machine than the all-in-one home studio production unit that the 8000/8800 are. He also said a lot of things were missing, feature and hardware wise. So he gave it a thumbs down and Roland cutted it off (and Mike) at the same time.
By marctronixx Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:55 am
i found out about this last night and already placed an order with roland with my artists account, so i get a juicy deal, which makes this an easy GAS purchase (will hold me over until my 2400 ships).

i wont go into my history with mpcs (im a die hard fan as many of you are) but i carry my ONE every day.

verselab box is nice and i like the workflow. if i want to make some quick bangers from A to Z this box is the way, the truth, and the light.

it has the zencore engine and roland will put in nice updates for this so its a nice box to use.

at the end of the day its 90% user and 10% machine. if you got skills you can make fire on anything.